We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two Screen Names

East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
2,820 posts
100 reviews
Two Screen Names

Please can someone post the link to the guidelines against having two screen names? I have searched but cannot find it anywhere. TIA.

20 replies to this topic
East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
2,820 posts
100 reviews
1. Re: Two Screen Names

Is it now permitted to have multiple screen names?

Essex
Level Contributor
31,744 posts
69 reviews
2. Re: Two Screen Names

Good question.

I could not find anything about this at all in the Help Centre, though the advice on how to get accounts merged is still there.

Perhaps contact TA Staff and ask them?

Please report back if you do, because I want to know, too.

Edited: 13 May 2018, 22:38
East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
2,820 posts
100 reviews
3. Re: Two Screen Names

I have asked but no response (yet) I know it used to be there but maybe it's been removed, possibly since the facebook sign in thingy. Sorry I don't do facebook! :-))

Essex
Level Contributor
31,744 posts
69 reviews
4. Re: Two Screen Names

Me either.

There has recently been a multiple personality disrupting the UK and France (and Germany & Belgium) forums with silly threads and rude comments.

Got banned in it's 3 original guises then came back yesterday with 3 more guises. IMO this definitely should not be allowed.

However there is a sweet 80+ year old travelling for a reunion who is not too "tech savvy" and has managed somehow to make 2 profiles. This one needs all the help and support he can get!

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
25,020 posts
70 reviews
5. Re: Two Screen Names

I’m thinking it may have been part of a multi faceted rule that got pruned out in the last purge without anyone realising it was part of the rule, since they still have the advice about how to combine multiple accounts.

East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
2,820 posts
100 reviews
6. Re: Two Screen Names

Agree there is a big difference between intentionally creating another profile to deceive or disrupt and being like me, tech-useless.

However 'Multiple screen names' still appears in the drop down menu for reporting inappropriate content, so I assume in breach of guidelines. I just can't find it.

Edited: 13 May 2018, 23:13
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
83,332 posts
103 reviews
7. Re: Two Screen Names

The closest that I can find is a Help Centre page "How do I combine my two TripAdvisor accounts?"

https://www.tripadvisorsupport.com/hc/en-gb/…

The last time the guidelines were changed, the rule move to the "Terms of Use". If anyone wants to troll through all that legal mumbo-jumbo, be my guest.

https:/…caen-terms-of-use

Best Regards

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,788 posts
78 reviews
8. Re: Two Screen Names

There is still a report function for multiple screen names

East Anglia, United...
Level Contributor
2,820 posts
100 reviews
9. Re: Two Screen Names

Thanks for that RT, I still can't find anything, appreciate all replies and the time taken.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
83,332 posts
103 reviews
10. Re: Two Screen Names

You're Welcome !

Reply to: Two Screen Names
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted