We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why is it now almost impossible to write a review on TA?

Wallingford, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
216 reviews
Why is it now almost impossible to write a review on TA?

I was not complaining about any of my reviews being "taken down".

I was complaining that it is now as good as impossible to even write a review. Whichever way you open TA, you find no link or tab saying "Write a review"; just endless pages asking you to choose a hotel/restaurant, or set dates for your stay, or get prices.

I DON'T use TA for hotel booking. I use it to find out WHICH hotels to book. It's only fair, if I use the reviews, to write reviews as well. Which I have done, for many years. And it used to be easy; there were tabs everywhere "Write a review".

Yesterday, it took me almost half an hour to find a 'wormhole' in the TA site which let me through to a page where I could submit a review. Yes;TA makes its money on booking commissions. But the Review function is what makes it different for the myriad other agglomerator booking sites. "Makes"? No; USED to make it different. Now, it's just joined the herd.

4 replies to this topic
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
74,114 posts
478 reviews
1. Re: Why is it now almost impossible to write a review on TA?

I go the listing page directyl from a search engine and there I find a Write a Review butotn some way down the page after a load of rubbish that I have no interest in.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
63,225 posts
78 reviews
2. Re: Why is it now almost impossible to write a review on TA?

Hi

There is also a write a review link on your contributions page

Wallingford, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
216 reviews
3. Re: Why is it now almost impossible to write a review on TA?

Yes, I've finally found it – in 8-point type, in light green, right at the bottom of the page.

But you really have to search for it, compared to all the 'push' adverts.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
63,225 posts
78 reviews
4. Re: Why is it now almost impossible to write a review on TA?

Hi again

As with many things on TA nowadays it is easy once you know how to do it and / or where to find it

Reply to: Why is it now almost impossible to write a review on TA?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted