We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unfair posting and removal criteria

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Unfair posting and removal criteria

Hello TripAdvisor,

Could you please advise me which parts of my review did not meet the requirements? I read the guidelines and did not use any politics, ethics, profanity, religion, social issues. In fact, I was exclaiming the truth behind another review posted that contributes to the marginalization of people trying to make something for themselves and injustice that the review. Is not it arguably that the post I am speaking to contradicts your requirements on social issues? Then why was that posted?

Not impressed with your business's inclusion and exclusion criteria! This website destroys businesses by the allowing the anonymity of unqualified personnels to voice their opinions but not others in their defence. Please provide me an explanation.

Awaiting patiently,

Clarence

4 replies to this topic
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
25,470 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unfair posting and removal criteria

Clarence,

This is a members helping other members forum, so you are not talking directly to Tripadvisor staff on this forum. So they won’t appear on this forum and provide you with an explanation.

A review has to be about your own experience, not a dissection or discussion about someone else’s review. If you have a problem with another members review then the correct procedure is to click the grey coloured flag icon under their review and choose a reason and explain why their review breaches TripAdvisor’s Review Guidelines. Tripadvisor staff would then get your report and check that other persons review and if it breaches guidelines they would remove it, but if it is within guidelines it stays published.

Or if you agree with someone else’s review then click on the “Helpful” vote button under their review to indicate you felt it was worthwhile and useful.

I suggest copying and pasting your rejected review here on this forum and some of us experienced members can help you pinpoint which parts of the review breached review guidelines.

Edited: 12 May 2018, 07:56
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
79,257 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unfair posting and removal criteria

>>In fact, I was exclaiming the truth behind another review<<

Hi Clarence;

If you had read *ALL* of the guidelines, you would have found...

"What constitutes a first-hand traveller review?

We accept reviews that detail first-hand experiences with the facilities or services of an establishment. General discussion that does not detail a substantial experience will not be posted.

In addition:

•No second-hand information or hearsay (unverified information, rumours or quotations from other sources or the reported opinions/experience of others)."

https://www.tripadvisorsupport.com/hc/en-gb/…

Best Regards

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
31,997 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unfair posting and removal criteria

Yes Clarence, you can report a Review as inappropriate using the grey flag and commenting there. Then it will be reviewed by live people.

I'm guessing it got past the guidelines because it went through the automated system.

But you can't write a review about another review

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
48,076 posts
1,547 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Unfair posting and removal criteria

Clarence,

Without seeing your Review, or a Copy of it, I cannot comment.

The above posters are correct about not being able to review a Review, but if done with great care, one can get close.

When I have encountered recent Reviews of Properties, which I have found to be incorrect, I will indirectly comment on the erroneous points made, with zero reference to any previous reviews - at least not directly.

One example of MY “technique” would be several reviews of a restaurant, which we frequent. Several reviewers made incorrect comments, in their Reviews, concerning the restaurant’s 232 Page wine list. Comments ranged from “they only have wines produced on their property... “ Incorrect. Though they do grow produce, and source much locally, not one drop of wine is produced, they grow no grapes, and not one bottle, out of 200,000 is even from Tennessee. I comment on erroneous comments, by citing the wine list.

Another commented that all of the wines were from inferior, and obscure producers... “ a

Again wrong, and I commented on some of the world-renown producers represented.

None of my Reviews made reference to any previous Review, but I addressed erroneous points made - indirectly.

Could so,etching, such as that, work for you?

Best of luck,

Hunt

Reply to: Unfair posting and removal criteria
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted