We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

my negative review on a hotel I stayed in

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
12 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
my negative review on a hotel I stayed in

I stayed in a hotel with a group in Italy and the room I was given was unfit for human habitation. I wrote the details of my encounter with the manager of the hotel who was extremely rude and said that I had not paid a supplement for a proper room. Her behaviour was appalling telling a pensioner that "I don't want your sort here, You are in the way, I could get a lot more money with two people in that room". In the hotels response she denies everything including the fact that I paid a supplement for a double room for single occupancy. The hotels response is pure fabrication and I want it removed. I complained originally to Trip Advisor and the hotels response was removed and I was assured that it would not be put back. However, two weeks after this the hotel's response was put back on Trip Advisor once again. What can I do to have it permanently removed?

6 replies to this topic
Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,819 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: my negative review on a hotel I stayed in

Basically I don't think you can unless you remove your review.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
69,260 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: my negative review on a hotel I stayed in

Hi

If you ask TA to remove your review (submit the request through the proper channels) and wait for its removal, the Management Response will be removed. Then you resubmit a more detailed review, and the manager writes another 'response.' Nothing is gained.

Most of us recommend that folks just leave their reviews. TripAdvisor does not determine who is telling the 'truth' about anything, but readers can glean useful information from the reviews and the Management Responses.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
69,126 posts
466 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: my negative review on a hotel I stayed in

You can't get a reply removed just because you say that it's fabrication. As noted, TA aren't in a position to decide who is telling the truth and who isn't so it's up to readers to decide. The only reason that either reviews or responses get taken down is because they do not meet TA's guidelines.

So basically, if you want to give your side of the story, then you have to accept that the hotel has an opportunity to give theirs, truth or fiction as it may be.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,521 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: my negative review on a hotel I stayed in

As has been said each has one turn to say their piece and unless either is a breach of the posting guidelines they will stay published and overall the system seems to work the majority of the time

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
2,008 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: my negative review on a hotel I stayed in

One thing you should have done was take pictures to post of what you complained about in your review. That would prove it was the way you described and the manager would not be able to (well, he might try) say everything you said was wrong.

United States
Level Contributor
9,981 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: my negative review on a hotel I stayed in

agree on the photos...always a good idea...I would just leave it up...when potential travelers read the review and the responses...they can decide if this is the kind of place you want to stay. I learn alot from management responses.

Reply to: my negative review on a hotel I stayed in
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted