We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Business Listing rejected 4 times - can't understand why

Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Business Listing rejected 4 times - can't understand why

I've received 4 rejection emails now for www.terrafirmaireland.com and I've read and re read the guidelines as directed. We are a small hiking and stargazing tour company offering bespoke tours of our area and are unique to our region yet cannot get listed for reasons i cannot fathom. Even more frustrating is the lack of detail - if I could get a straight answer on what is wrong, rather than guessing, it would be really helpful. I also had problems with jpgs on uploading the business listing. Tried many times with the photos (all jogs) but could not submit and ended up following advice from another forum to suggest adding the listing without a photo and then updating it "when" we eventually get listed.

Really disappointed in the time this takes and worse again, it is not easy to find an email address or contact to get in touch with TA as I keep getting put round and round to the same links when following "help" or "contact us" but not actually making progress. There has go to be an easier way!! Any help would be appreciated.

8 replies to this topic
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
69,968 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Business Listing rejected 4 times - can't understand why

Hi

Is the text in the rejection e-mail identical? Can you paste the text here?

I'll let other members who are more familiar with the listing requirements comment about your website.

The Contact Us path for for folks who are having trouble getting a business listed is the "Report a Business" then "Update Business Information" text box on the General Support page. It's the right TA department, tho' the topics are not exactly right.

Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Business Listing rejected 4 times - can't understand why

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I've pasted the same message I keep getting from TA. Really appreciate any advice on what we need to do. Just to reiterate - we offer simply bespoke hiking tours and stargazing experiences and also provide transport from local accommodation to tour start. I've seen dozens of others doing similar things that are listed and yet we can't seem to get on the start line.

here's TA text:....

Thank you for taking the time and effort to submit this location to TripAdvisor. Unfortunately, we were unable to complete your request. Occasionally location submissions do not meet our guidelines and cannot be used.

For reference, your request was:

Name: Terra Firma Ireland

Address: 2 Acres Grove

Telephone number: +(353)89 240 9015

Listing Request ID: 00000162-4969-0470-daf1-e90cd6580000

This might be a duplicate of an existing listing or might not meet one of our formatting requirements. For further help, here is a link to some articles that provide detailed guideline information.

Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Business Listing rejected 4 times - can't understand why

Just testing as my last attempts to reply to you have been rejected.

Dublin
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Business Listing rejected 4 times - can't understand why

Hi I did reply to you by pm as I can’t seen to respond with pasted test here. Just retried and rejected again. Not making sense.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
82,683 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Business Listing rejected 4 times - can't understand why

Georgia;

Having more than one TripAdvisor account is a violation of the “Terms of Use”. You should contact TA staff and ask them to combine your accounts.

I would suggest visiting the Help Centre page "I have two TripAdvisor accounts. Can I combine them?" and following the directions listed there.

tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_combine_2_accoun…

FYI...there is a link to the Help Centre at the bottom of every page.

Best Regards

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
67,130 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Business Listing rejected 4 times - can't understand why

Georgia M ~

If you are using the App and having the trouble pasting and posting jpgs, get on to a computer for full functioning of TA.

The link to the tour guidelines was given to you in your other thread, in detail. Did you not think about what they meant? There is quite a bit of required information missing from your website.

Here are some thoughts about what needs to be done in your website:

Here's my take on what an itinerary for your Abbey, Beach, Castle tour might look like:

- duration of tour

We will meet in front of the Newport Hotel at x:00 am/pm. Pick ups from Westport and other nearby locations are possible ahead of our meeting time. We will return to the Newport Hotel by about y:00 am/pm.

- description of what is included in the tour

Included in the tour is a tour guide/driver, a bottle of water, snacks, coffee break @ ??. There will be a vehicle to transport the group from place to place

- description of what will be seen/done during the tour

Our first stop will be for the Great Western Greenway trails near Newport where you will be able to experience some of the most beautiful and idyllic countryside and spectacular views. On to have a look at the 15th Century Burrishoole Abbey. There will be an opportunity for you to grab a coffee or tea at a cafe near the Abbey. (Or not.) We'll drive down some country lanes and discover Rockfleet/Carraigahowley Castle, which is a watchtower and the Pirate Queen's keep(?). Our final stopping place before returning to Newport will be the Blue Flag beaches at Mulranny.

- name of the city where the tour departs - good, has been included.

I have absolutely no idea of the area, just did a little snooping around. If the places I mentioned are not right, then you know what you can do to create an itinerary that means something for your prospective customers.

Repeat for all your tours.

The guidelines for tours do not require a business address. However, I happen to think that that is an omission. Companies requesting a listing and having trouble getting a listing seem to need to have a business address. I think, but am not sure, that there is a place in the request form for this address which is not published, only the meeting place is published.

Then, if I want to know if I can take this tour on a Wednesday in June, I would want to see your calendar where you outline when you offer your different tours. And I would want to book the tour through your booking process in your website. I don't see your calendar of scheduled tours, nor do I see a booking procedure available in your website.

Trip Advisor will want to satisfy themselves that you are a legit company and take payment legitimately.

Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Business Listing rejected 4 times - can't understand why

Thanks - I'm not sure I have more than one. I run my brother's account (a shop in London ) which is separate to my own (tour co in ireland). Will have a look though as I may have logged in incorrectly. Thanks for the heads up.

Dublin
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Business Listing rejected 4 times - can't understand why

Thanks for your messages. I'll revisit it all but we are a bespoke hiking tour company so the calendar may not work but I will review other points and thanks for taking the time to look in detail.

Rescue Team - I may have logged in incorrectly via phone. I set up the TA for my brother's shop in London (had no probs with that!) and run it for him but my own is a separate business listing in Ireland.

Reply to: Business Listing rejected 4 times - can't understand why
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted