We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are these new things?

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
23,901 posts
47 reviews
Are these new things?

So for some reason I found these new things on TA:

1. Everytime I mention a location on a post, TA shows a list of items mentioned. Such as, you mentioned Yosemite NP, with a nice photo too.

2. Every so often I get the I am not a robot thing, usually when I posted a reply and try to back out to where I was before.

3. I have been asked to sign in again, maybe once a day. I have not deleted any cookies. TA's cookie reader not working?

1 reply
So Cal
Level Contributor
12,101 posts
75 reviews
1. Re: Are these new things?

I've seen multiple posts here on Support about #2 & #3 over the last year or two - it seems to happen to some people once in a while. If you dig up one of those threads, there might be a solution (I haven't experience either issue so I haven't closely followed those threads).

#1 - that's been going on for years. However, I only see those images if I'm not logged in. If I'm logged in, they revert to simple hyperlinks - although not always links to the correct place. This was a topic of much frustration and irritation; TA compromised by changing the logged in /not logged in thing, but we still don't have any control over what's linked.

Or are you seeing something else?

Edited: 11 May 2018, 05:06
Reply to: Are these new things?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted