We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seems Tripadvisor lies about what it says it publishes

Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Topic
Seems Tripadvisor lies about what it says it publishes

My wife made a review and Tripadvisor sent a message saying that it was published but it´s a lie I cant see her review.

4 replies to this topic
Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
26,628 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Seems Tripadvisor lies about what it says it publishes

I suspect it’s more likely that you’re searching for it incorrectly.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
60,553 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seems Tripadvisor lies about what it says it publishes

So instead of seeking assistance you spam multiple forums with this?

So Cal
Level Contributor
11,326 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seems Tripadvisor lies about what it says it publishes

At least he's finally posting on the correct forum.

Carlos, TA sends out those emails too quickly. Often there's a time lag between when TA approves the review and sends that notice, and when all their servers synch and display the review. If your wife would care to wait a day or two and then take a look, she might see it.

Or it's possible that her review made it through TA's auto-filters, but was reported by a reader as breaking a guideline and subsequently removed. If she doesn't see her review in a few days, then she can contact TA staff through the Help Center and ask what's happened to it.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
25,840 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seems Tripadvisor lies about what it says it publishes

No it doesn’t seem that Tripadvisor lies. If your wife’s review went from Submission to Pending, then published and is now gone then it’s probably that her review content breached guidelines, was reported and removed as TripAdvisor staff checked and it indeed does breach guidelines. I hope you have both read them before starting to write any reviews?

For a start, has your wife clicked on her own username link under her photo and gotten into her profile and looked at her list of published reviews to see if it’s there, or can she see any notices of “1 Pending” ?

Let us know and she can contact Staff. If she needs help doing that to check the status of her review then please ask.

Reply to: Seems Tripadvisor lies about what it says it publishes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted