We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

False negative review

cape town
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
False negative review

I recently received a negative review on my business page, the review is about a company called Ilios travel, which she mentions in her review. I reported to you that the review is about a completely different business. you then responded saying that you will be leaving the negative review . how is this fair ?

7 replies to this topic
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
41,840 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: False negative review

TA are beginning to get very blase and careless....that will be their downfall one of these days...I will report it again.

Padua, Italy
Level Contributor
27,956 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: False negative review

I have also reported the review, sending the link of the correct business to which it refers.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
41,840 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: False negative review

I tried...however,,,posted to the wrong business

Do you know where this review belongs?

Yes....

listed their website and in the comments box TA link...but couldn't submit...so what's going on

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: False negative review

I found the same when trying to post a 'link', try posting just the business name. I then got a drop down menu with a number of choices, I then posted the 'link' in the additional comments.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
41,840 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: False negative review

That's what I did...still didnt' work

So Cal
Level Contributor
11,339 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: False negative review

Dylan, you could also post a *polite and professional* management response, expressing appreciation for the fact they took the time to review, regret that they had a bad experience, and stating it must be posted to the wrong listing. Because of the different between the name they give in the review and the name of the business they posted it under.

You can't force TA to make a correction, and the reviewer may never realize the error. However, a good MR can mitigate the damage with potential future customers.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
51,312 posts
1,730 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: False negative review

JenAzz,

Great idea.

I confused two restaurants at Disney, CA. They were managed by the same company, but had different listings on TA, and were different in style.

The MR was very polite, and said something along the limes of “I think that you dined at our ‘sister restaurant’ across the plaza... “

Oops! I removed the Review, and submitted it for the proper restaurant.

Hunt

Reply to: False negative review
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted