We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is the "Write a Review" button hiding?

Russell, New Zealand
Level Contributor
40 posts
250 reviews
Save Topic
Where is the "Write a Review" button hiding?

It used to be so easy - open tripadvisor and on the top of the page was the "write a review" button - now I can't find it anywhere....

I can get suggestions on where to go and things like that but the most important thing for me right now would be how am I able to write a review of my current trip.. or rather of all the places and restaurants I visit.

I took a screenshot but can't post that either -

Tripadvisor could make it easier - I am sure there is a way but I found the straight forward button best... now I am lost.

Thanks for your help

22 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
65,256 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is the "Write a Review" button hiding?

You are not alone, R G. Many are saying that they find the website less useful, less functional and more difficult.

To find the review button, go to your profile page, then find the button just above the "My contributions" section.

You can also go to the property or attraction you want to review and use the review button in that page. It is green and just below the map.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
45,970 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is the "Write a Review" button hiding?

One more place to find a link to Write a Review: at the bottom of the home page, the footer under Explore.

If you don't mind typing the address on your browser, a direct way of getting there is www.tripadvisor.com/UserReview

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
869 posts
2,109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is the "Write a Review" button hiding?

On restaurants and attractions, open the first review and you will find the button near the bottom of the page after the last review.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
45,970 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is the "Write a Review" button hiding?

The green button is there on every listing, where it is restaurants, attractions or hotels. Problem is to find the button without first having to search for the listing.

It's probably better this way, if people look first for the listing, get to see it, then start a review. Many people were probably using the Review button on the navigation bar, searched and picked a place to write a review, without confirmation they were on the correct listing before submitting. Too many businesses have similar names. JMO

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
65,256 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where is the "Write a Review" button hiding?

Good point, Silvia to start writing a review in the correct listing at the correct location. I'll bet that would reduce the need to send in a ticket and have staff move a lot of reviews. Not eliminate, but reduce.

Russell, New Zealand
Level Contributor
40 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where is the "Write a Review" button hiding?

Thanks heaps!

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
1 post
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where is the "Write a Review" button hiding?

Why did they make it so hidden? I'm trying to write a review of a restaurant that's not in the listing. If I don't google I'd be so fed up and not writing the review. It used to be so easy. I wish they'd change it back. "Write A Review" should be on the first page.

Durban, South Africa
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where is the "Write a Review" button hiding?

I too are wanting to write a review of a place that we have visited and cannot find a way to do it.

I have been on the "page" called :- Write a review - TripAdvisor but after typing the name of the town plus the name of the B&B, I found nowhere to click on the "Go button".

This is where it stopped.

Does Tripadvisor not want our reviews? ? ?

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
45,970 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where is the "Write a Review" button hiding?

Type the city, type the name of the business, in the options that appear click on Can't find what you're looking or? +Add a listing: https://www.tripadvisor.com/UserReview

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
4,161 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where is the "Write a Review" button hiding?

Yes, that's a good point in #4 which I hadn't considered, if the redesign is an attempt to improve reviewer accuracy then overall that could be said to be more beneficial to users.

Reply to: Where is the "Write a Review" button hiding?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted