I and others have complained in this forum about reporting problems with reviews on TripAdvisor - we send the report through the official channel, and we don't even get an automated response from TripAdvisor.
Could I make the suggestion that it would be better treatment of your users (especially ones who have taken the time to contribute to the site) to do the following:
- send an automatic response back detailing what happens next, how long the investigation will take, and what we are likely to hear back.
- have some pre-prepared responses for sending after the investigation.
I understand that it is costly for Tripadvisor to employ people to do the investigation and reply appropriately. Most likely all the responses will fall into the following categories:
- We investigated and didn't find any wrongdoing
- We investigated and accept that there is anomalous activity, and will monitor closely
- We investigated and have removed the reviews in question.
No reply at all seems a bit insensitive of the hard work that your users put into their contributions on the site.