We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uk to Florida help...

up north
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Topic
Uk to Florida help...

Hi everyone .. LookIng to go to Florida in oct .. We can fly to Stanford from Manchester with Thomas cook or Glasgow to gatwick then connecting Gatwick to Orlando with BA.. We live in the north east ...Me and hubby will be travelling with our 2 sons 9 and 11 month ( no seat) ...any tips on which would be the best to fly with and what it's like to do a connecting flight as have done that before ..

Cake x

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,859 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Uk to Florida help...

cakeandcustard

I would go with BA GLA-LGW-MCO. They're the best on this route and will suit you well with their connections into Scotland.

Regards

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Uk to Florida help...

I have a feeling the legroom on TC flights might be pretty good, so if you check that out and it is, and the price is good, then I'd take a non stop, over one with a change any day of the week

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,577 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Uk to Florida help...

I'd price both options you suggest up and see which one fits into your budget best. I've a feeling that the BA flght will be quite a bit more expensive than the TC flight so without knowing what you are prepared to pay; is the flight just a means to getting there then TC will be best whereas if you want better service then opt for the BA flight.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,165 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Uk to Florida help...

Assuming you're looking at economy then I'd probably go non-stop as I've heard Thomas Cook have fairly decent legroom on some of their longhaul flights.

btw, Sanford is the other sort of Orlando-ish airport.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,288 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Uk to Florida help...

It will also depend on how much you value a non-stop flight over one involving a connection. Only you can answer that question.

up north
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Uk to Florida help...

Thanks for your quick responses.. The BA flights and package is actually cheaper than the Thomas cook direct package .. Just looking for the best for comfort really .. Does anyone know if the armrests lift on both the planes ...

Cake x

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,859 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Uk to Florida help...

Wow... that's surprising. I can't speak for ThomasCook but BA's armrests in the World Traveller cabin do lift. By the way, MCO is a much better airport than SFB IMHO. So it's a win-win, better service (BA), better plane and comfort (BA) .

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Uk to Florida help...

Something else to look at, whats the seating configuration? If you can get a group of 3 that would be quite good fro the 4 of you.

ALso, are you aware that with BA you can only reserve your seta by paying to do that (£20/seat/flight IIRC in economy). Dont know about TC, they probably charge as well.

If you decide on TC since its so far off, then for sure pay with a credit card whatever the extra fee is.

One other thing, sometimes you can get a deal with BA including hotel or car rental for a few days, for >much< cheaper than the flights alone*. You might want to check into that also.

* Someone this week posted on Flyertalk about it being £1,000 cheaper for flight plus car, than flights alone (for particular dates) to Las Vegas !

London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Uk to Florida help...

Do not travel to Orlando Sanford. It is not in Orlando, it isn't even in Orange County.

Newcastle, England...
Level Contributor
320 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Uk to Florida help...

What time does each flight arrive?

You miss a full day, arrive at silly hours with some flights.

I did MYtravel once, to orlando .. arrived at 2pm, and still had time to do a park that day !