We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time, 1st class

Dallas, Texas
5 posts
Save Topic
First time, 1st class

I am traveling 1st class on the 777 from DFW to LHR. what can I expect, any do's or don't s i need to be aware of?

South London
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time, 1st class

Don't expect everyone to be wearing suits - wear someting comfy : )

You don't however say which airline your travelling with, so noone can help you with what to expect.

I'd assume maybe the direct service with American/BA on the 777?

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time, 1st class

I'd say the only don't applying to any premium travel is don't worry about fitting in or doing something wrong - just relax and enjoy!

Dallas, Texas
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First time, 1st class

American Airlines 777

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,685 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time, 1st class

Am very jealous! ;-) we are going club world next year with points and am hyper about that. Remember to use the lounge before you fly.

ld
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time, 1st class

If it's an overnight flight remeber to take pyjamas or something suitable to sleep in.

Boston...
Level Contributor
286 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: First time, 1st class

The best part of AA's First Class product is the seat. It's unique among F seats, at least among the carriers I've flown on, in that the seat swivels. (No, not during take-off and landing -- after takeoff, you can swivel the seat, giving you great access to a work surface/table/video screen. The seat reclines fully to a flat bed, of course.

The meal service begins about an hour after take-off. You'll be served course-by-course. If you want to maximize sleep time -- and that's usually a very good idea on eastbound trans-Atlantic flights, you can get your meal served all at once. If you're going to want that service, it's best to ask one of the flight attendants when they hand out menus or take your drink order (whichever comes first).

You'll also get a pair of Bose noise-cancelling headphonesto use during the flight. These do a good job of keeping the noise out, but it's difficult/impossible to sleep on your side with them. Also, they'll be collected about 45-60 mins before you land.

All in all, it's a decent way to fly.

Don

Edited: 29 June 2011, 06:26
Dallas, Texas
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: First time, 1st class

Thanks to all who left comment.. Really helped...

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,183 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time, 1st class

Really jealous... ;-) ...but enjoy your trip!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
27,556 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time, 1st class

Have fun and you will be comfy i have only flown Delta First Class.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
6,525 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: First time, 1st class

Also you have access to the AA Arrivals Lounge, landside above the bag claim area at Terminal 3 at Heathrow. Showers, full breakfast, very nice - USE IT - it's a great way to start a visit to the UK. (You'll need your boarding pass to get in.)

Get answers to your questions