We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone been with 'The Russian cruise co'?

hampshire, England
Level Contributor
13 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone been with 'The Russian cruise co'?

Have found this company on the internet & their prices seem very reasonable. Looking at Moscow to St Petersburg. However, no reviews of the boats used. Has anyone used this company & if so, what did they think? Viking do an identical route, but much more expensive.

Any comments welcome. Thanks.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,125 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone been with 'The Russian cruise co'?

I see that one of the ships is the Russ. We travel on River Victoria last summer and the Russ shadowed us. Since we 'rafted' together in a few places, we walked through their lobby several times to get ashore or back on our ship. The decor was from 1949 ish but what I really noticed was the ship's odor. I guess you'd get used to it after a while. I did not explore further but I think their self-designated 3 star rating is a little on the high side. I guess you have to decide whether you want your travel memories to be how much $$$ you saved or what a wonderful trip you enjoyed. As a friend of mine says (too frequently sometimes) it's just money. Indeed many things do have more value. But, you asked for facts not philosophy. I hope someone has spent their holiday on one of these ships and can give you the value of their experience.

2. Re: Has anyone been with 'The Russian cruise co'?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2013, 19:23