We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which cruiseline is best for young, fun, single people?

San Diego, CA
2 posts
Save Topic
Which cruiseline is best for young, fun, single people?

My friend and I are in our late 20's and single. We are looking for a cruiseline (leaving from San Diego or LA) where other fun singles will be. We've tried Carnival and would like to try a different line this time. Suggestions?

Chatham, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Cruises
Level Contributor
5,158 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which cruiseline is best for young, fun, single people?

I think Royal Caribbean might be the change you're looking for, but I'm not in love with the condition and age of the RCCL ships: Monarch of the Seas and Vision of the Seas sail out of LA.

But, I'm middle aged and want to be pampered - what do I know? You'll probably have blast!

Warning - should be lots of singles, but also be lots of families with young kids.

You can check out reviews on those ships here:

cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/…

cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/…

There are also RCCL 15 day cruises to Hawaii: Radiance of the Seas out of San Diego, Serenade of the Seas out of LA. But, I'm figuring you 2 plan to spend less than $2K each....

Minnesota...
Level Contributor
24 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which cruiseline is best for young, fun, single people?

I am 28 and have been on both Carnival and RC. I prefer RC personally.

I would like to think that I am a pretty fun, outgoing person and I think that RC's cruises are less geared towards the kids/teenage crowd.

I would try RC if I were you.

Good luck and have fun!

Freehold,NJ
Level Contributor
80 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which cruiseline is best for young, fun, single people?

i am hoping that rccl is the way to go. we have been on explorer twice (years ago) and looking forward to navigator of ses next week!!! yeah!!!! will let you know what the crowd is like. taking some teens and family on this cruise... hoping to find a nice party crowd.

4. Re: Which cruiseline is best for young, fun, single people?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 06:17