We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware of Kayak and Vayama

Buenos Aires...
2 posts
Save Topic
Beware of Kayak and Vayama

On June 9, 2016 I booked a flight on Kayak, through their partner, Vayama. I even got a reservation number and was able to select our seats on the airline. More than two days (54 hours) later, I got an email stating "... your booking request has not been processed as your credit card did not clear the 3D security measures required by Visa/MasterCard."

My credit card (never a problem with them) told me that no authorization was requested to make the full charge; that there has been a pre-authorization request for $1 to test the card that was OK'ed, at the same time we made the reservation.

In these 54 hours we were never advised of any trouble nor suggested to contact them or make a different type of payment. Now the same flight with the same fare is not available any more, anywhere.

Has any of you have any similar experience? Is there anything that can be done to make up for this type of scam?

106 replies to this topic
Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
20,711 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: Beware of Kayak and Vayama

Who is Froggy? Also a keyboard problem?

I seem to have missed an apology for your post #54.

Edited: 23 January 2018, 15:22
London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
16,350 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: Beware of Kayak and Vayama

Who is Froggy?

============

I haven't seen Froggy post on this forum in months.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
196 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
63. Re: Beware of Kayak and Vayama

I haven't seen Froggy post on this forum in months.

==============

Remind me to say hi when he comes back. Not sure I've met him ;)

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
20,711 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
64. Re: Beware of Kayak and Vayama

I miss Froggy, but he/she has not posted for a long time and I don't think on this thread.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
67,128 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
65. Re: Beware of Kayak and Vayama

He meant Frommy.

Manila
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
66. Re: Beware of Kayak and Vayama

Look,I already admitted I was mistaken,Am I 10 yrs old and ur my farther that I need to apologize to you?

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
11,233 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
67. Re: Beware of Kayak and Vayama

I didn’t know apologies were only given to ome’s Parents and that one had to be a child also.

Personally, I think anyone can apologise to anyone whether face to face, over the phone or online. Be they family, friends, colleagues or strangers. If I do or say something wrong, I take responsibility and say I’m sorry, I was wrong. It really doesn’t hurt at all.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
20,711 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
68. Re: Beware of Kayak and Vayama

No, but you made an accusation against me at #54, then at #60 you stated " I have no problem to admit when I am mistaken", but apparently that does not extend to manners enough to apologise.

1 post
Save Reply
69. Re: Beware of Kayak and Vayama

Do not buy tickets thru these agencies they rip off vayama is the worst I couldn’t make my flight cause I was 6 minutes late the reschedule cost 442 for change and 300 penality total 742 and I only paid for the ticket 352.06 not refundable so would be a total of 1094.06 is better buy a new ticket and that’s Would I did.. and the costumer service sucks you ask them questions and they answer with an actitud beware of this agency’s

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
15,889 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
70. Re: Beware of Kayak and Vayama

"I couldn’t make my flight cause I was 6 minutes late the reschedule cost 442 for change and 300 penality total 742 and I only paid for the ticket 352.06 not refundable so would be a total of 1094.06 is better buy a new ticket and that’s Would I did.."

None of this is a reason to avoid Vayama in particular, every agent will charge a fee to change your ticket.

Reply to: Beware of Kayak and Vayama
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted