We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

availing dubai connect from emirates airlines

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
availing dubai connect from emirates airlines

Dear All,

I took the free Emirates Dubai Connect (Hotel Accomodation) service at Dubai. Below are the details for the fellow travellers. The service can be availed only if the connection is more than 8 hours at Dubai in emirates flight.I am writing this in a bit of hurry so forgive me for the unclear information and mistakes.

Below is the sector I travelled.

Originating airport : New Delhi

Transit : Dubai

Destination : Amsterdam

If you are having 8 hours transit in Dubai then after booking the tickets, register for Dubai Connect online from the emirates website. You will get the confirmation within a day or two if you are eligible.

Inform at the checkin counter about the dubai connect. They will give you three vouchers.

After getting down at Dubai move towards the immigration counters. Just before the immigration counters go to Emirates help desk. They will ask you to go to the counter next door where they will keep your one voucher and put a sticker of AED 120 on one of two voucher left with you.

Move straight to immigration and show the vouchers, passport and next boarding pass.

The immigration guy will stamp your passport.

After immigration go to the emirates desk near the exit.

There they will assign you a hotel and will arrange for a cab to hotel.

Cab will drop you to hotel. The return cab will also be arranged by emirates which you can enquire at hotel.

You can ask me for other questions which you might have, i will try to answer it if I am aware.

35 replies to this topic
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: availing dubai connect from emirates airlines

Hi there

Originating Airport: Johannesburg

Transit: Dubai

Destination: Perth

There are two of us travelling, have confirmed a hotel with manage my booking but there is no mention about a visa. The connection package is only for return flight from Perth back to Johannesburg. As i am South African i do need a visa, will i need to pay for my own visa or will that be sorted out before arrival or when I land?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,325 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: availing dubai connect from emirates airlines

Scroll down to UAE entry visa.

emirates.com/english/plan_book/essential_inf…

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: availing dubai connect from emirates airlines

At the time of departure you can check at the checkin counter. If you get the dubai connect vouchers then i think your visa is already done and you dont have to pay. You can check the status of your dubai connect at the emirates site.

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: availing dubai connect from emirates airlines

I avail the same dubai connect service...while exiting the immigration staff didn't put exit stamp on my passport..they said its no longer required. Is that correct?

3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: availing dubai connect from emirates airlines

I avail the same dubai connect service...while exiting the immigration staff didn't put exit stamp on my passport..they said its no longer required. Is that correct?

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
9,679 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: availing dubai connect from emirates airlines

<<exit stamp on my passport..they said its no longer required.>>

It is new to me that they do no more put exit stamps into the passport. To be fair the stamps are more for you. All the information about you and your travel dates are registered on computer systems.

And if the immigration officer told you so, who am I to question his statement?

It could be linked to the new visa rules in place - just guessing.

Are you worried having no exit stamp?

Edited: 02 February 2016, 01:57
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: availing dubai connect from emirates airlines

Yeah a little worried, although as a proof I've next country's entry stamp....i know USA and UK didn't have exit stamp procedure...may be UAE is being adopting the same.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,833 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: availing dubai connect from emirates airlines

we had a problem a couple of years ago where they did not have an entry stamp into Dubai for my son and we were just on an overnight layover. On the way out the next day, I had the stamp and the officer on duty was puzzled and sent us to the immigration office where I pointed out that we both came in together and were leaving. The official searched his desk for the "stamping" device and stamped it and said -- off you go. and that stamp was back dated. He did not check his database to see if there was an entry.

so much for immigration LOL

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
9,679 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: availing dubai connect from emirates airlines

That must have been a really a while ago. Today your passport, flight number, face etc. goes into the system. And the UAE has a very advanced system. So even changing passports and nationality would not confuse them anymore.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,833 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: availing dubai connect from emirates airlines

Phil this was late 2014 so just about 15 months ago. I said couple of years but it was in 2014 Lol

Edited: 02 February 2016, 05:54
Reply to: availing dubai connect from emirates airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted