We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tripsta!

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Tripsta!

Stay away from Tripsta! I have had a terrible experience with tripsta having booked return flights from Paris to Mexico with them. I have written five emails now and received no replies. I have called twice the second time the phone line dropped after 30 mins on the phone and they didnt make any attempt to get in touch with me knowing full well I have issues with my flights. terrible customer service and an archaic way of managing your booking!

86 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,471 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tripsta!

Thanks for the warning. Out of interest, did you do any research before booking with a company you'd never previously used and handed over how much in total for your flights?

Dallas
Level Contributor
23,095 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tripsta!

It's not a problem for me. I would never have even considered booking a flight with some company called

Tripsta in the fist place.

Maybe you have learned your lesson.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
43,856 posts
1,307 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tripsta!

<<I would never have even considered booking a flight with some company called Tripsta in the fist place.>>

Same here. The name alone (or one with the word "cheap" interwoven into it) would have been a red flag for me.

Thanks to the OP for the warning, and did you consider booking directly with the airline?

Hunt

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tripsta!

Yet another complaint about a third party booking agent.

Firstly their business model is excellent, they take your money and give you nothing, they book flights which you could have done yourself, add on oodles and offer no customer service.

You have issues with your flights? Tripsta are far to busy counting all their money to talk to you on the phone, they have added all your hard earned to their ginormous pile and need to hang onto it.

Next time don't be a mark for these shysters, research who you are giving your money to and if the word cheap is involved run.

Jackie

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Tripsta!

Tripsta is a Cheater company. I booked 7 tickets through Tripsta . We cancelled one ticket out of 7 3 days before travel date . Tripsta charged us : Airline charges = Usd 100 and Tripsta charges for accepting ticket cancellation Usd 200. Its a thug company . Will never book ever with them.

Edited: 04 September 2015, 23:29
Prague, Czech...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tripsta!

Never again Tripsta!!

At the end of all the booking process I got a pop up window "fares has changed, booking not completed". Thus, I didnt get any confirmation of the flight AND tripsta already charged me for a non existing reservation!! Over $1000!! Tried to call them, wrote dozens of emails to various local branches. NO REPLY, NO ANSWER, NOTHING. Good, that my money was on VISA HOLD only, so after 1 week got released back to my account. Be aware and dont book through Tripsta.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
227 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tripsta!

First time poster warning about shonky third party booking agent. Most likely will never post again. There is almost a case to ban such threads. Or maybe have a separate forum for them called something like "I've done something really really stupid, and now I want to tell the world how stupid I am."

Illinois
Level Contributor
17,165 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tripsta!

Doesn't the fact that it was Visa Hold only mean that they didn't actually take any money, just held it because you said you wanted to buy something from them?

Not that I'm recommending using them, but it doesn't seem like they did anything wrong in post #6 besides not having live fares.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
58,741 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tripsta!

>>>Doesn't the fact that it was Visa Hold only mean that they didn't actually take any money, just held it because you said you wanted to buy something from them?<<<

Yes, that's it as far as I can see. It's more of an issue for me that they don't have live fares.

Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tripsta!

TRIPSTA and parent company TRAVELPLANET24 owe us money and are not responding.

As part of our recent trip to France and Croatia, my husband booked a return flight for myself, my husband and my daughter from Paris CDG to Split (Croatia) with TRIPSTA. The return flight to Paris CDG was with SWISS INTERNATIONAL AIRLINES in two legs: Split to Zurich followed by Zurich to CDG. On arriving at Split for our return flight we were told the first leg (Split–Zurich) had been cancelled by Swissair. So we had no way of making the connecting flight from Zurich to Paris. We had to get to Paris that day to make other connections the following day.

The only other flight we could take was with Easyjet to Paris Orly. The cost for three tickets, an exorbitant €1330. We had no choice but to take them.

We immediately sent Tripsta two emails and a number of others since then including an email to TRAVELPLANET24 Tripsta’s Greece based parent company. To date (5 weeks later) we have had no response from them. We have tried phoning the numbers provided and cannot get through.

We have also contacted SWISS INTERNATIONAL AIRLINES which has requested TRAVELPLANET24 to issue a refund but say they are not responsible for any compensation for the additional flight and shuttle service costs. They claim they had no contact email address to advise us of the cancelled flight. This is because TRAVELPLANET24 did not pass on our email address to Swissair.

SWISS INTERNATIONAL AIRLINES has placed the blame squarely with Travelplanet24 who they say are responsible for the refund and compensation. According to the European Commission we are entitled to both a refund for the cancelled flight and compensation for added expenses to get to our booked destination Paris CDG.

So where do we stand? Swiss International Airlines does not accept any responsibility for their cancelled flight and the financial consequences. Neither Tripsta nor its Greece-based parent company Travelplanet24.com are willing to respond at all. Where do we go to from here to get a refund and compensation?

Reply to: Tripsta!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted