We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Senior Citizen Air travel tickets

Near Pune
Level Contributor
24 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Senior Citizen Air travel tickets

In case of Domestic flights, there are concessional rates for air travel. Are there any concessions/Discounts for travelling to USA for senior citizens by any airlines for that matter? How early can I book my tickets. We plan to go in April 2014 & return not earlier tahn Mid september 2014

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,075 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Senior Citizen Air travel tickets

"Are there any concessions/Discounts for travelling to USA for senior citizens by any airlines for that matter?" - None that I am aware of, why should there be when they are getting the same service as every other passenger.

"How early can I book my tickets. We plan to go in April 2014 & return not earlier tahn Mid september 2014" - Tickets normally go on sale around 11 months in advance so you can buy from Oct/Nov 2013 although this might not be when the flights are at their cheapest.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Senior Citizen Air travel tickets

I suggest you give potential airlines a call, but I doubt you will be successful.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,090 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Senior Citizen Air travel tickets

Hi

Can you stay in the USA for that long, I thought 90 days was the maximum.

Jackie

Gujarat, India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,932 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Senior Citizen Air travel tickets

I too have never seen concessionary prices for SC and why should there be?

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,517 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Senior Citizen Air travel tickets

Hi,

To be fair, I have seen such fares within some Asian countries... Japan for one... However these fares are for wholly domestic travel only and come with some restrictions ..

So, I don't think the OP is asking an overtly unusual question per se... However I agree with the others in that for international travel, I've not see senior/aged fares... I have seen student fares before, but not ones explicitly for senior/aged.

Travel Safe,

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Senior Citizen Air travel tickets

What jackie said, I though 30 days was the max? Have you applied for a visa? Or have one already?

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,090 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Senior Citizen Air travel tickets

Hi

I know this about the ninety days because while my son was courting his wife and after he finished his USA universities ( he has three degrees each one giving him a visa while he studied), he came home and worked like stink to get enough money to go back for ninety day visits.

Now he's married he can stay indefinitely and work, but I can still only visit for the ninety days. I don't stay that long, I love England to much.

The other thing is travel insurance, mine only allows me to stay abroad for a maximum of forty two days each trip, and I pay extra for that. Most only allow thirty.

So unless the OP has gone into a trip like this with a fine tooth comb I can see lots of difficulties.

Jackie

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Senior Citizen Air travel tickets

Ooops that was a typo, my brain said 90, my stupid fingers ignored that and typed 30.

9. Re: Senior Citizen Air travel tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2014, 15:19