We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outgoing Passenger Card

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,391 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Outgoing Passenger Card

At dinner last night, a fellow work collegue asked a question about the Outgoing Passenger Card, which had me stumped.

There is an entry which requires you to write which country where you'll spend the most time abroad. He asked, what if he was scheduled to spend exactly four nights in five countries? Does he write the first country, last country?

I've been on numerous business trips but I've always had distinctly a lengthier period in one country or another and could not answer him.

Greatly appreciate a response for him. Thank you

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outgoing Passenger Card

i assume u mean the australian departure card.

i dont think it really matters. who is going to check?

it's for stats only.

in fact i think u could put a place u had no intention of visiting down.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,391 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outgoing Passenger Card

Yes, I've always assumed it was for tourism stats but I've actually never thought about it.

Cheers lien!

3. Re: Outgoing Passenger Card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 16:16