We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

feedback on malaysia airlines a380 economy?

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,736 posts
38 reviews
feedback on malaysia airlines a380 economy?

there are very few reviews for this new aircraft - two of those few complain that the cabin is very cold. i have booked to fly next spring, and should like to hear other people's views on the new aircraft and the cabin temperature.

thank you.

pam

67 replies to this topic
Australia
Level Contributor
2,730 posts
48 reviews
1. Re: feedback on malaysia airlines a380 economy?

Hey Pam

Only going by what my daughter told me but she said it was really comfortable - first time she has managed to get a few hours of sleep. Really quiet however she was on the upper deck in economy which seems to be better due the fact there are not many economy seats - oh and upper deck is kid free zone.

She flew from KL to London

She didn't say anything about it being colder . Friends have been on A380 with Singapore and said they loved it

Edited: 01 November 2012, 01:51
norfolk
Level Contributor
7,736 posts
38 reviews
2. Re: feedback on malaysia airlines a380 economy?

thanks for that. i have flown on the singapore a380 several times, always in the upper cabin. i have managed to book the upper deck for our outbound, but it was full for the inbound so i haven't pre-booked seats for that leg.

really asking because i can't face being cold for 12 hours - one reviewer said there were no extra blankets, and carrying extra warm stuff is a pain when going to a hot climate..

pam

Australia
Level Contributor
2,730 posts
48 reviews
3. Re: feedback on malaysia airlines a380 economy?

Hopefully their service is the same on the A380 as their other aircrafts as never had a problem getting an extra blanket......oh and if you knew my daughter it would of been one of the first things she told me if she didn't have enough blankets....it's one of her must have :D I talk to her by skype most days so will ask her for you and post back.

And I certainly understand it being a pain taking warm stuff to a hot climate - always find it such a waste having to wear jeans on the way out to KL (takes up too much weight and they don't get worn again ;)

Italy
Level Contributor
39,684 posts
235 reviews
4. Re: feedback on malaysia airlines a380 economy?

I think it depends on the captain regarding the air conditioning as some flights are too warm and some too cold but i always take a pashmina with me, it's light and doesn't take up much room in your bag but is very useful for air conditioning.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,730 posts
48 reviews
5. Re: feedback on malaysia airlines a380 economy?

My daughter on Skype when I asked was it colder than normal said 'to London I didn't notice but I wore warm socks' ;)

Hopefully it should be fine but as chrella said maybe a pashmina?? Personally though they are still a full service airline so you would hope they provide those extras - have a great trip Pam :D

Madrid
Level Contributor
3,324 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: feedback on malaysia airlines a380 economy?

I think it depends on the captain regarding the air conditioning

The Captain no longer has control of the cabin temperature.The controllers for that are at the senior flight attendants station.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,736 posts
38 reviews
7. Re: feedback on malaysia airlines a380 economy?

thanks for all the answers. i usually carry a pashmina. i was considering fur-lined boots and wooly hat....

pam

Australia
Level Contributor
2,730 posts
48 reviews
8. Re: feedback on malaysia airlines a380 economy?

Lol imagine when you turn up to the tropical climate ;)

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
9. Re: feedback on malaysia airlines a380 economy?

Hi. My wife and I have just returned from a trip to Oz. We flew with Malaysia airlines on the A380 and had seats on the upper deck. I didn't find it cold, but then we took off in January and I was wearing a suit and tie.

Our travel agent (and Wikipedia) told us that children were not permitted on the upper deck. This is NOT true. We had a crying baby in the next row on the outbound flight. (When put in a bassinet it slept part of the journey). A stewardess was asked about this and she explained that Malaysian had had to accept children upstairs as there had been a number of complaints.

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,736 posts
38 reviews
10. Re: feedback on malaysia airlines a380 economy?

thanks for that, david. yes, i was aware that the 'child-free' zone had bitten the dust. i have decided on wearing a fleece and pashmina - there still are reports of the upper cabin being cold. flying tomorrow, so will share when i get back.

pam

Reply to: feedback on malaysia airlines a380 economy?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted