We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southwest

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Southwest

Just completed my first flight with southwest. Was not sure what to expect BUT apart from flight being delayed by not much in the end they were very good. Even when I did not realize you had to order your complimentary free drink they were quite understanding. I do a return trip next week from Vegas to L.A. But I now know the ropes.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,456 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southwest

Hi,

Good to hear it was a pleasant ride.. While no carrier meets everyone's needs or expectations all the time, Southwest I think does a really good job.. and many of their customer-facing employees operate with a little more individualized personality and at times an irreverent manner, which very much fits their overall corporate culture.

Travel Safe,

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Southwest

Thank you GOPBI I do love all your posts. Keep up the good work. Cheers and thank you so much.

Haddon Heights, New...
Level Contributor
37 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Southwest

Can someone tell me what the "wanna get away" deal is?

Haddon Heights, New...
Level Contributor
37 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Southwest

My flight to Miami was delayed by two hours, and they were very apologetic about it. the flight there was horrible, there was so much turbulence it made me sick. Leading up to leaving Miami, it really stressed me out, and I didnt even want to get back on the plane. Needless to say, the flight home (Philly) was delayed 4 times, talk about stress! But again they were very apologetic, and the flight attendents were there to calm my fears.

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,389 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Southwest

Steph, 831,

Southwest air don't fly to Miami MIA try Fort Lauderdale FLL

Haddon Heights, New...
Level Contributor
37 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Southwest

Im aware of that.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13,795 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Southwest

Wanna get away deals are just inexpensive fares southwest has. That's simply what they call them.

8. Re: Southwest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 16:18