We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flying from heathrow to phuket qatar airlines

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
flying from heathrow to phuket qatar airlines

Hi all ,,im flying from heathrow to phuket april 2013 via doha an then quick stop in Kuala Lumpa before finally arriving in Phuket,,just wondering if anyone has done this journey and how they found it ,,was there plenty of room on flights ,,what was service like,,is the new Doha terminal now open and how were your transfers,,any feedback welcome,,many thanks

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
15,643 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flying from heathrow to phuket qatar airlines

I've flown Qatar from Dubai to Doha and then on to Tunis. Fabulous airline. Good seat pitch so no cramped legs for me. Service and food were very good. New terminal is planned to open mid 2013 but allow for delays. Doha is only a small airport so you should have no problem navigating it. I'm sure you will not be disappointed flying with Qatar.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,313 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flying from heathrow to phuket qatar airlines

Only a one hour and ten minute on the ground stop in Bangkok as well, so not too bad.

Airline of the year for 2012, so must be doing something right!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flying from heathrow to phuket qatar airlines

I have flown with them between Bangkok and Doha numerous times.

Comfortable, food is fine, cabin crew friendly.

Relax, I am sure you will enjoy your flight

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,685 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flying from heathrow to phuket qatar airlines

hels46,

We flew Manchester to Phuket, change in Doha, fly to Kuala Lumpur (not Bangkok!) stay on ground for just over an hour then on to Phuket, which is basically sane as you from Doha onwards. We will be doing the same in November. As stated Qatar is an excellent 5* airline. Although connection time in Doha is relatively short, transfers is very efficient although bus transfer from plane to terminal and terminal to plane is not as preferable as by air bridge which will be the arrangement when the new airport opens next year. Leg room in Economy is fine as is service. Food is as good as you get these days in Economy and In Flight Entertainment is excellent.

Your luggage will go straight through from Heathrow to Phuket and vice versa. Not a lot of time in Doha for Duty Free shopping except for a very quick trip if you know exactly what you want. Pay by credit card is easiest.

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,658 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flying from heathrow to phuket qatar airlines

I have flown on Qatar from here to Doha and then onto Bangkok several times. Qatar Airways is one of the best airlines I have flown on. As Arandora suggests the transfer at Doha airport is very efficient although it does mean getting on a bus and being driven to the main terminal and then out again to another airplane.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flying from heathrow to phuket qatar airlines

thanks everyone for comments ,,not such a scary thought now lol,,my hols start when i get on the plane so will just sit back an relax,,as a smoker it is going to be a long day ,,but hey thats my bad,,cant wait for hols now,,still 6 months to go :((( just need good hot weather an i will be in heaven :)

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flying from heathrow to phuket qatar airlines

You can smoke during the stopover in Doha. There is a smoking room just after security check.

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,367 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: flying from heathrow to phuket qatar airlines

I flew with Qatar via Doha to Entebbe earlier this year and would definitely fly them again. I found their seats good and although I didn't sleep much, seats were comfortable and felt a little bit roomier than some airlines.

Transit is easy at Doha - the bus has two stops - one for arrivals, one for transit. In our experience hardly anyone got off at arrivals - most people were transiting.

the only thing I would say is that I had a slight scary moment at Heathrow when asked for the credit card I had booked the flight with. I didn't have me with me - it was home in Northern Ireland. I'm sure it says somewhere to bring it but it wasn't on any of my e-ticket print-outs. Thankfully after a phone call, we were allowed to proceed but it was scary!

Would definitely travel Qatar again if the price was still good.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: flying from heathrow to phuket qatar airlines

The only thing that's not good about the Qatar flights is the doha airport, the new one isn't open and so there's hardly any facilities only a duty free and a caffeteria but the transit time is usually very short, we only had 50 minutes.

10. Re: flying from heathrow to phuket qatar airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 February 2013, 01:05