We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

British Airways E Ticket

aberdeen
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
British Airways E Ticket

hey guys just a quick question am having one of my thick days hah

we fly with BA to orlando next month, we booked back in march and at the time printed of the "hotel conformation voucher" and the" e-ticket receipt"

This was the first time we had booked flights on the internet noramlly use travel agents. My question is is the " e-ticket receipt" the e ticket we take to check in or will BA send us another e-ticket before we travel ti use for check in

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: British Airways E Ticket

Your confirmation number should be on this e-ticket and that's what you use to check in with.

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,903 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: British Airways E Ticket

Hi,

You should have an e ticket number and a reference number. The latter is usually a combination of letters and numbers. If your receipt contains the above it will suffice.

And of course your name !

Newcastle
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: British Airways E Ticket

When I used BA last month, they only asked for my passport and found my booking by name only. The e-ticket is a nice to have really.

aberdeen
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: British Airways E Ticket

thank u all, i thought as much but my brain is def no working today

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,860 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: British Airways E Ticket

You don't need to take anything to London Gatwick for your BA flight except your passport.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: British Airways E Ticket

an eticket means your ticket lives in the computer and you dont actually have a ticket as such.

All you need is some ID, though sometimes USA immigration will want to see your "ticket" in which case the printed itinerary that many call an eticket will do, but its not actually a ticket, there is no such thing any more.

As Gracie says its also helpful to have the confirmation number, for example to do online checkin you need that, though even thats not needed if you wait to checkin until the airport (not advised, MUCH better to do online checkin to get best selection of seats*). The confirmation number, sometimes called PNR, is normally a 6 digit mixture of characters and numbers, say 6YAVXW or soemthing along those lines.

*Go to the BA website, go to "manage my booking" enter the number and your surname and you can check the details look right, that all advance passenger data such as passport numbers is entered. At 24 hours or less before the flight you can select your seats, checkin and print your boarding passes.

Do you have an ESTA?

p.s. this is nothing to do with using a travel agent or booking on the net, its to do with who you are flying with. Apart from a few charter type operators, and holiday companies like Thomas Cook and Thompson, most airlines have moved over to etickets, so book on the web or in a shop and it wont make any difference to whether its a paper ticket or an eticket, its the airline..

Edited: 13 April 2012, 02:38
aberdeen
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: British Airways E Ticket

thank you joe for such a good reply

8. Re: British Airways E Ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 19:17