We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia Updates for Cancelled tickets Paris/London

Mandurah, Australia
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Air Asia Updates for Cancelled tickets Paris/London

Hi All

for some reason know only to TA our last post has been closed down.

I dont know if this was because we had wandered away from the original topic today or not.

So I have decided to re-post - Has anybody as yet received their new tickets from MAS for the cancelled flights to Mumbai, New Delhi, Paris and/or London.

Looking forward to some positive news

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
91. Re: Air Asia Updates for Cancelled tickets Paris/London

haha battling!! Look for the crazy lady travelling with 3 kids aged 5 and under! I'll most likely be the one rocking in the corner! haha. Have you had any updates yet?

Gunung Berapi
Level Contributor
314 posts
Save Reply
92. Re: Air Asia Updates for Cancelled tickets Paris/London

@Parmo,

Just email azran@airasia.com or amardeepsingh@airasia.com for your fligt enquiries. People have done this and obtained the results.

News just in for me.

My friend emailed amardeep for our KUL-LON on25/8/12 and told him about our connection in Gatwick.We wanted the evening flight on 24/8/12 as this would allow us to catch our connection on 25/8/12.However, the arrangement with MAS is only for the morning flight at 10.15am and they have offered us 24/8/12 at 10.15 to accommodate our request.

As for the return sector KUL-LON we have been offered the noon flight at 12.00 on 8/9/12.

So for the London sector folks, you would probably get the morning flight to London in August and the noon flight back to Kuala Lumpur in September.

We are sorting out leave issues for the 24/8/12 as at the moment as none of us can get leave. My friend even pushed for the evening flight but the request was refused on the ground that the arrangement with MAS is just the morning flight.

As for the return to Kuala Lumpur on 8/9/12, I've read in several posts in the previous thread or was it the AirAsia UK facebook that some people were offered the 10.00 pm flight in AUG/SEP if I'm not mistaken.Id like the evening fligt as we have planned several things on 8/9/12 as the original AAX flight only departed at 17.00.

Sydney, Australia
10 posts
Save Reply
93. Re: Air Asia Updates for Cancelled tickets Paris/London

Jaafarwan, glad that you got your flight offers sorted out. It's surprising that AAX still hasn't sent out offers for those travelling from May onwards so people have to go round the back door to the kind Amardeepsingh. Those travelling in April were offered flights in the third week of Jan and most accepted immediately but no one has as yet seen a valid re-booked MAS ticket. You can see the level of frustration here: http://www.facebook.com/AirAsiaUK

We are waiting for March 1 to see if those travelling in April 1 get their e-tickets as promised (at least one month before departure.) So far, the sgns are not looking good.

Townsville...
Level Contributor
568 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
94. Re: Air Asia Updates for Cancelled tickets Paris/London

Friend finally did email amardeep (didn't really want to bother him as he's probably very busy) and got a response:

Dear xxxxx,

Good day and thank you for writing in to us.

With regards to your enquiry below, rest assured we have secured seats on the dates and flights mentioned below.

xxxxxxxxxx << passenger details >> xxxxxxxxxxx

· MH20 departs from Kuala Lumpur at 2355hrs and arrives in Paris at 0640hrs the next day

· MH21 departs from Paris at 1200hrs and arrives in Kuala Lumpur at 0635hrs the next day

However we are still waiting for the reservation team to issues the e-tickets.

Please be assured we will forward you the e-tickets at least a month before your departure

Until then your patience is highly appreciated.

Should you have any other concerns or enquiries, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Amardeep

Customer Care

AirAsia X

This fits in with the both the AA and other carriers domestic legs they have booked, so they're chuffed.

I think if AA weren't keeping to their word, we would've heard about it by now, so whilst it's taking alot longer than what they originally said (which is why everyone is so anxious and getting so frustrated and cranky), I'm sure (& hope) it'll all be ok.

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
95. Re: Air Asia Updates for Cancelled tickets Paris/London

hahahaha briony ...you might see 1 crazy lady pointing and sniggering , then running away .... hahahahaha

YES ...I had a phone call from AA last night telling me that i am booked on april 2 flight with Mas ( which i asked for ) and the return from london flight that i accepted .

i am gathering the phone call was because of the email to amardeep or it might be that they are up to April 23 and sorting my return flight out , i havent jumped on AA to see if my london flight is still there or not .

Have to go out now , but will look later and let you know

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
89 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
96. Re: Air Asia Updates for Cancelled tickets Paris/London

battleing hope they arent up to the 23rd april, cos i've still not heard anything for the 10th, lol

Mandurah, Australia
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
97. Re: Air Asia Updates for Cancelled tickets Paris/London

Well that is some good news for Battling........just gotta wait for that elusive Eticket by the 2nd March!!!

@Briony I take it your on the flight with Battling.......If I know her she will probably come for a cuddle of the Kids LOL.....

@Suja............I hope you hears something soon........have you emailed Amardeep???? maybe he can help you

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
98. Re: Air Asia Updates for Cancelled tickets Paris/London

I have just received the phone call from air asia. Booked on the MAS flight on 23rd april. Means a wait from 7am - 11pm with the little monsters for our connecting flight.

Any tips on things to do with 16 hours in KL?

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
784 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
99. Re: Air Asia Updates for Cancelled tickets Paris/London

@Briony, here is a link asiatraveltips.com/news10/23-TourKualaLumpur…

Australia
Level Contributor
112 posts
1 review
Save Reply
100. Re: Air Asia Updates for Cancelled tickets Paris/London

@Briony you are traveling from London to Perth right? No from Perth to London?

16 hours? Get a taxi from the airport and go to Genting Highlands, they have an amusement park up there your little "monsters" will enjoy for sure. Also being high up on mountain is much cooler than KL. It is a bit of trip to/from airport ...make sure you do your research if you are considering this.

Edited: 24 February 2012, 17:13