We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia Updates for Cancelled tickets Paris/London

Mandurah, Australia
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Air Asia Updates for Cancelled tickets Paris/London

Hi All

for some reason know only to TA our last post has been closed down.

I dont know if this was because we had wandered away from the original topic today or not.

So I have decided to re-post - Has anybody as yet received their new tickets from MAS for the cancelled flights to Mumbai, New Delhi, Paris and/or London.

Looking forward to some positive news

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,402 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Asia Updates for Cancelled tickets Paris/London

Maybe they closed it because we started discussing trains and this should only be about Air Travel. I'm guilty as charged.

Anyway 2 weeks before we leave and not even a sniff of an email offering alternatives for our return flight in May.

Don't want to have to spend our trip around Borneo trying to find internet. But I did email Azran and he said he'd make a note that we'd be out of internet. Hope he keeps his word.

Mandurah, Australia
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Asia Updates for Cancelled tickets Paris/London

@Infotravel I think that was probably the reason but it was still travel related.....:-(

I really hope you get some response before you leave

Townsville...
Level Contributor
586 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Asia Updates for Cancelled tickets Paris/London

Sorry, that was my fault for bringing it up, didn't realise a travel forum was limited to a specific topic, actually thought it was a tool to help fellow travellers! Should have read the rule book I suppose.

Wondering if anyone travelling late April, early May still HASN'T received any offer of alternative flights. Friends are still waiting and I'm concerned for them.

I still haven't received any correspondence from AirAsia in relation to the exchange rate shortfall on my refund either.

Sydney
Level Contributor
137 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Asia Updates for Cancelled tickets Paris/London

Hi again.. Yes we're traveling to Paris in May returning June. No offer of anything yet. I have also booked a lot of accommodation and airfares that won't be refunded if we don't go. Not game to organise the rest until I know we definitely have tickets. Trying to keep the faith...

5. Re: Air Asia Updates for Cancelled tickets Paris/London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 February 2012, 18:35
Wagga Wagga...
Level Contributor
696 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Asia Updates for Cancelled tickets Paris/London

Let's hope this isn't too "off topic" but it does still concern airlines :-)

We've just applied for Enrich frequent flyer membership with Malaysian Airlines. I'm hoping that when these new MAS etickets do finally arrive in our names, we'll be able to add our f/flyer membership and at least earn MAS points after all this saga. I rang MAS and asked if we'd be eligible for points on those sectors and they said we should be, so here's hoping.

Australia
Level Contributor
273 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Asia Updates for Cancelled tickets Paris/London

I'm back!!!

No tickets as yet, one month to go..

8. Re: Air Asia Updates for Cancelled tickets Paris/London

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 24 February 2012, 20:44
Edited: 24 February 2012, 20:44
9. Re: Air Asia Updates for Cancelled tickets Paris/London

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 24 February 2012, 20:44
Townsville...
Level Contributor
586 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Asia Updates for Cancelled tickets Paris/London

That's ok jockeygirl, I was only trying to help people affected by this saga save money, didn't really think about it being in the air travel forum. A warning from TA would've been nice, especially since everyone was being civil & helping fellow travellers. Will make sure I don't post any helpful info in unspecific topics in the future ;-)

Thanks for the email addy, I'll pass it onto my friends. Think I might give AA a call to check on the refund situation too, as I was to receive a reply to the email within 5days.