We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

should i be getting tickets from TC?

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
875 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
should i be getting tickets from TC?

Hi All

We fly to cancun on monday, we booked through jet line but the flight is thomas cook, I am used to ticket less flights and stuff but notice on my paperwrk it says we should have tickets 7 days before going? I hope they haven't messed up!

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: should i be getting tickets from TC?

Jules, get on the phone now.

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
875 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: should i be getting tickets from TC?

My other half booked it - he is gonna give em a bell. Having thought about it we flew to goal in 2010 with TC and didn't have tickets either. Flying has become so much more complicated than it used to be!

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: should i be getting tickets from TC?

Well I guess jet line will tell you it's either etickets, or collect at the airport. Good luck. Let us know the answer.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,320 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: should i be getting tickets from TC?

Any tickets, paper or e-tickets, would have gone to Jetline, so you need to speak to them.

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
875 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: should i be getting tickets from TC?

Jetline weren't answering the phone this morning so I spoke to someone at TC via their live webchat who said we should have had tickets but it isn't a problem as we just have to ask for some to be printed out at the desk at manchester airport instead. I am glad I noticed it on the paperwork and questioned it otherwise we wouldn't have known! Somebody at work went to Goa with TC in Dec and he told me that he'd had to get his tickets at the airport too.

Reading
Level Contributor
284 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: should i be getting tickets from TC?

"Should have had the tickets" as in they have a record of the booking and they definitely exist, or just that's how it should work?

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: should i be getting tickets from TC?

If you cant print tickets yourself, I'd get something in writing (email) from TC unless they tell you your itinerary is sufficient to collect tix at airport.

Do TC not have "locator codes" as do regular airlines?

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
875 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: should i be getting tickets from TC?

I've liked on the internet and thimas cook failing to send out tickets is a common occurance. I have all my paperwork that shows I am paid up to be in that flight so all should be ok. Lots of other people have has to get them at the airport too. Just need to hope now that the snow we are expecting today doesn't cause any havoc - just heard that heathfow have cancelled a lot of their flights tomorrow

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
875 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: should i be getting tickets from TC?

Excuse typos - getting used to a touch screen keyboard!

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
17,291 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: should i be getting tickets from TC?

Thomas Cook don't allow you to print off your own tickets. Normal procedure is they are mailed to you a couPle of weeks before travel.

If you don't receive them or if it's a late booking there is a desk in departures where you pick them up from. Just make sure you have proof of booking.