We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

benefits of flying 1st class on us air?

blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
benefits of flying 1st class on us air?

hi, usually just post on the last vegas forum, but we always fly us air. we are considering upgrading to 1st class for our march trip to vegas, wondering what other than the roomier seats will we get.I know most airlines offer free adult beverages,but on the us air web site it shows they offer cocktails but it does not specify free?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: benefits of flying 1st class on us air?

Alcohol is free in first class on US. Personally, I don't think it's worth the money to upgrade to F on most domestic flights. A check of random dates for next March shows F for your roundtrip flights is around $1898 each, coach around $575. That's a lot of money for a free drink and a little bigger seat, but everyone has their priorities. Benefits of F here:

usairways.com/en-US/…firstclass.html

Edited: 17 December 2011, 07:12
blacksburg va
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: benefits of flying 1st class on us air?

thanks gracie.

yes,i know it wouldent be worth it. but we have an email promo saying as of feb 15th we can upgrade for $25 and 5k in air miles.

1st class is sort of on my vegas bucket list haha.

thank you very much for your helpfull reply.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: benefits of flying 1st class on us air?

Well that's different! If I had the miles I'd probably try it out with this offer. Have a good trip.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
6,468 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: benefits of flying 1st class on us air?

Food and alcohol, more butt- and legroom, "priority" tags on your luggage and you can use the fast-track security line. No checked baggage fees. 5K and $25 seems like pretty good value.

(Oh, no in-flight entertainment on US, so bring your iPad or whatever.)

Edited: 17 December 2011, 08:19
White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,615 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: benefits of flying 1st class on us air?

Yes, received the same info from US air about 1st class upgrades. To Vegas, bigger seats and food. Oh boy. Bring or buy food at the airport in my opinion. The bigger seat is good.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
27,175 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: benefits of flying 1st class on us air?

Basically you are paying for wider seats free booze and food,1300 bucks more i save my money and just go coach.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
54,109 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: benefits of flying 1st class on us air?

But it's not $1,300 bucks more. It's 5,000 miles and $25. Well worth it just for the bit of extra room imo. If you drink alcohol I guess throw that in as a bonus.

I haven't flow up front on UsAir in a couple years, but used to be that thier breakfast in First on the way to Las Vegas from the east coast on morning flights was very nice as far as airline food goes.

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
Level Contributor
5,995 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: benefits of flying 1st class on us air?

1st Class domestic routes on US Air doesn't mean food at all anymore, as recently as October 2011. You'll get nothing but pretzels unless the leg is more than 3.5 hrs long. It's a pretty useless 1st class in my experience.

Edited: 17 December 2011, 09:43
Pearland, Texas
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: benefits of flying 1st class on us air?

For $25, go for it. You're going to Vegas, let yourself splurge a little.

Besides the perks mentioned above, you get to board first and get first crack at stowing carryons. You have a better pax/lav ratio, especially good if you're hitting the adult beverages in flight.

Spokane Valley...
Level Contributor
44 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: benefits of flying 1st class on us air?

Where are you flying from? If you want to risk it they offer discounted upgrades day of departure. Around $50/500Miles. And imo first class is always worth the upgrade.