We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lufthansa Business Class or is it?

Palm City, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
Lufthansa Business Class or is it?

Lufthansa Business Class- Big disappointment! Traveling within Europe, Business Class is really a standard coach seat(no leg room) with nobody in the middle seat. You get superior service with free drinks and a nice meal. I was expecting a better seat with ample leg room. Is this the best they can do these days.

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
7,094 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lufthansa Business Class or is it?

This is perfectly normal for KLM, Lufthansa, SAS etc for flights within Europe.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lufthansa Business Class or is it?

Agree; this is normal for business class for flights within Europe. If you are paying for it, I don't think it's worth it.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lufthansa Business Class or is it?

It's like this for all airlines within Europe. It isn't much of a premium over economy so the onboard benefits aren't huge. You did forget lounge access, that's something all business class passengers get unlike in the US.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lufthansa Business Class or is it?

just booked bc seats to miami ,with my star allaince points .lhr to lis, mia with tap ,inbound miami to montreal ,london .a bit confused at the routing. is this norm for cashing in on your points with star allaince .has anyone flown business class with tap and air canada thanks andy

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lufthansa Business Class or is it?

There is no "norm" for the routing, it all depends on where the Star Alliance carriers/your FFP's partners fly to and have availability.

There are no Star Alliance carriers with non-stop service between London and Miami so creative routings are required. Plenty of options via the European continent from London. Personally TAP would be one of my latter choices on the Star carriers but if nobody else has availability then it's Hobson's choice.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,937 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lufthansa Business Class or is it?

Agree, the business class Intra Europe is ok if you are getting it free on points or similar, but tough to justify that price for what seems to be glorified economy

Edited: 29 October 2011, 06:18
Scotland
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lufthansa Business Class or is it?

Funny isn't it - the one area where N. American airlines undeniably beat European airlines hands down, is on-board intra-continental J (or F as it is labelled in the US).

And yet... hardly anyone pays for it in the US - domestic F seats are given away like confetti, whereas European operators like BA will rarely upgrade anyone to their compartively sub-standard seats.

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,555 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lufthansa Business Class or is it?

This is standard for business class in Europe. Australia used to be similar, but QF seems to have redone their product.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,937 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lufthansa Business Class or is it?

To am 68-Air Canada is a good product for trans Atlantic in business class, which they call Executive First on most routes. As long as you are not on one of the 3 767-300's they fly (aka the 3 amgigos which are usually used on seasonal routes to Hawaii and leisure routes to a few European destinations, but not to London), you will have a lie flat pod.

Details here

aircanada.com/en/…comfort_intexec.html

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lufthansa Business Class or is it?

thanks mapleg for that info ,i had feeling AC would be better than tap herd so mutch bad things about bc on tap ,but when you consider what i paid cant really complain ,well i hope i dont .