We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wegolo

Ft. Lauderdale...
2 posts
Save Topic
Wegolo

I am trying to get from Rome to Palermo in June ad Wegolo is the cheapest price, its $100.00 cheaper than going to the Alitalia website, Has anyone ever booked through wegolo? is the website trust worthy?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
8,797 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wegolo

We universally recommend booking directly with the airlines.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,801 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wegolo

If I can save $100 on a short haul flight by booking through a reputable travel site I'd do that any day. Unfortunately I can't answer your question though I do seem to remember a few complaints about Wegolo being made in here. Try to search the forums.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wegolo

Don't use Wegolo to book! Absolute nightmare ...

4. Re: Wegolo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 February 2011, 12:05
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,069 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wegolo

Why in God's name did you have to bump three separate threads?

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
15 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wegolo

Not sure I understand what you mean here? I "bumped" them to spread an experience I had.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,069 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wegolo

Yeah, but why multiple threads? It's obnoxious.

8. Re: Wegolo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 May 2011, 06:35
San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,622 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wegolo

I wonder if you have priced some of the low cost European airlines??

I don't know who flies to Palermo but I know that you can find out by using:

www.whichbudget.com

My son found an inexpensive flight from Rome to Catania that way.

I agree that booking through an airline is preferable to booking through a 3rd party booking site.

Edited: 04 February 2011, 13:04
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,069 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wegolo

I think obnoxious is posting to a forum, and offering nothing to the conversation but ridicule of another travelers advice. Does writing 4,000 posts give you the right to tell me how to discuss experiences on TripAdvisor? I find that incredibly obnoxious.

TripAdvisor rejected my post anyway, which is unfortunate. Guess I did not give enough details. Any advice oh wise ruler of the air travel forums?

Try reading up on netiquette.

I don't have a problem with you discussing an experience, just there's zero need to bump three threads posting the exact same thing in each, that's why your posts got deleted, Einstein.