We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair - Online Check In?

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair - Online Check In?

Hello - It is the first time i have used online check in so there are a few questions in my mind about the whole online check in process.

1) How Do You Put Your Luggage For Under The Aircraft Onto The Place (Usually you give it at check in at the Airport)?

2) How are you seated? You don't choose so how are your seats chosen?

3) What does it mean by online check in. Does that mean your are booked on the flight (2 weeks in advance)?

Thanks In Advance

London, England
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair - Online Check In?

1) Once you arrive at the airport there will be a Ryanair bag drop desk for customers who have checked luggage.

2) It's first come first served, no seat allocations on Ryanair, just like getting on a bus.

3) When you check in online you print out your boarding pass and you are good to go.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,283 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair - Online Check In?

Since you seem to knw very little about this airline and budge travel in general please make sure that your hold bag (i.e. the one which you check in) is not over the 15kg limit. they are very strict about it.

Your carry on bag should not weigh over 10kg and not be bigger in dimension than is specifies on the Ryanair website. Also very strict about that.

Also only one piece of hand luggage and that includes even a carrier bag with stuff you have bought at the airport. It must all fit into one bag.

Seat allocation is a bit like when you are at the zoo and the zookeeper throws some food to the monkeys and they all run towards the food. The food here being the overwing emergency exit seats which are the only ones with a little more legroom.

Please make sure that you print out your boarding pass(es) before you leave and keep them in good condition or you will be charged for airport check in I think 40 pounds each, and that you have provided advanced passenger information if requested.

If you think you will get hungry on the flight then buy a Boots meal deeal (after security) at the airport. Eating and drinking on the plane can make a serious dent in your spending money.

Your best bet for entertainment is to bring a book or some sleeping tablets and dream.

Let us know how you get on when you get back.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,389 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair - Online Check In?

Thanks Ron, on reading this and limo888's other question I had phrases in my head involving lanbs,wolves and slaughter ;-)

Limo888 please take ron's answer to the letter Ryan air will charge you extra if they can and if you buy the boots sarnies etc put them in your one and only piece of hand luggage, yes they are that strict.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,075 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair - Online Check In?

4) if you don't hold a passport issued by an EEA country then you need to get your passport validated before you do the bag drop (which is just like every other airline that offers on-line check-in). This is at the desk where the naughty people who think that Ryanair rules don't apply to them go and pay their fines - sorry fees.

5. Re: Ryanair - Online Check In?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2010, 17:22