We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do you have to pay for seats on Qatar Airways?

Edinburgh, United...
5 posts
Do you have to pay for seats on Qatar Airways?

I have a serious question, after doing so much research I have found nothing. So, I need somebody who has travelled with Qatar Airways to PLEASE answer this question.

My question is - Does Qatar Airways charge for seats, before 48 hours till the flight, with a economy ticket? (Economy ticket is the cheapest). I know emirates charges, on the super saver.

I am not sure about Qatar Airways.

PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY ANSWER THIS QUESTION, I AM DESPERATE.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Central Coast...
Level Contributor
4,130 posts
7 reviews
1 helpful vote
1. Re: Do you have to pay for seats on Qatar Airways?

We didn't pay, this applied - "on Qatar Airways, standard economy class seats can be pre-selected for free however exit row seats are excluded from pre-selection due to safety reasons and are assigned at the check-in counter."

But it's different if codeshared with British Airways.

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
4,214 posts
161 reviews
185 helpful votes
2. Re: Do you have to pay for seats on Qatar Airways?

I didn’t pay extra for advance seat selection on Qatar either. There were quite a few open seats towards the back of the plane, and I was able to stretch out across an entire row.

Edinburgh, United...
5 posts
3. Re: Do you have to pay for seats on Qatar Airways?

Thank you for replying, I wasn't expecting anyone to reply.

How long in advance did you book your flight? I am thinking of booking 3 months early.

Edinburgh, United...
5 posts
4. Re: Do you have to pay for seats on Qatar Airways?

Hi, Thanks for replying.

How long in advance did you book your tickets ? I am thinking 3 months?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
18,178 posts
11 reviews
6 helpful votes
5. Re: Do you have to pay for seats on Qatar Airways?

Why does it matter when somebody else booked their ticket? If you're asking about when prices are cheapest that's one of those questions that is impossible to answer. Book when you see a price you're happy with.

Level Contributor
290 posts
10 reviews
6 helpful votes
6. Re: Do you have to pay for seats on Qatar Airways?

You can select your seat as soon as they come on sale (around 11 months prior).

As others have said, there's no charge for this. However, all of the "better" seats are blocked out. You cannot pay for a better seat (short of flying business) with Qatar. Any exit row seats will be allocated at the airport.

Edinburgh, United...
5 posts
7. Re: Do you have to pay for seats on Qatar Airways?

Thank you. This is very helpful.

Edinburgh, United...
5 posts
8. Re: Do you have to pay for seats on Qatar Airways?

I was asking, because on almost all airlines, you can select your seat for free 48/24hours beforethe flight, when check in opens. Thanks

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
5,736 posts
100 reviews
46 helpful votes
9. Re: Do you have to pay for seats on Qatar Airways?

"As others have said, there's no charge for this. However, all of the "better" seats are blocked out. You cannot pay for a better seat (short of flying business) with Qatar."

Not quite true nwduk. There are a few seats on the A380 and A350 which if you do some research you'll find them ;-)

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
4,214 posts
161 reviews
185 helpful votes
10. Re: Do you have to pay for seats on Qatar Airways?

I flew mid-week and only made reservations about a week in advance. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice Qatar Airways and the Doha airport were.

© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.