We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit time in Singapore

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
9,788 posts
121 reviews
Transit time in Singapore

Morning

Am looking at booking a flight from MAN to DPS (Bali) on Singapore Airlines, booking direct with the airline.

Booking a 'round trip', all details on the booking show flight from MAN to SIN, then SIN to DPS and then return DPS to SIN and SIN to MAN.

The layover on the outbound flight is 1 hour 35 mins and 2 hours 5 mins on inbound.

Is this do-able?

When we've booked previously with other airlines (Qatar & Cathay Pacific) with short layover times, we've been told it's a 'guaranteed connection' but we've always used an agent to book both flights and accommodation so this is our first time DIY on a flight with connections.

Thanks in advance.

11 replies to this topic
southern england
Level Contributor
536 posts
87 reviews
1. Re: Transit time in Singapore

Singapore airlines are selling you this ticket , so they will be confident the times are ok , if you do happen to miss a connection they will put you on the next flight.

Metro Manila...
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
20,190 posts
254 reviews
2. Re: Transit time in Singapore

Yes otherwise the airline has no purpose selling you that ticket and 95 minutes is more than enough at Changi Airport. Many flights at SIN even have less than an hour connection between flights.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
9,788 posts
121 reviews
3. Re: Transit time in Singapore

Hi both

Thanks for the replies.

I also found this recent thread on the exact same subject on the Singapore board:

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294…

I think I knew the answer really, I was just throwing a wobbly. :0)

Anyway, flights booked, seats chosen and very happy.

Hey!

It did give me an option to:

book with the airline

book with Expedia (for the same price)

book with eDreams (check price)

book with lastminute.com (check price)

Did I make the right choice by booking direct with Singapore Airlines?

Or should I have given eDreams a chance? (she says as she walks away whistling).

southern england
Level Contributor
536 posts
87 reviews
4. Re: Transit time in Singapore

yeah.....what were you thinking ? we all know the benefits of using 3rd party ota's.

Isn't it annoying when you google Singapore airlines and you have to scroll down past all the crooks to get the airlines own website.

Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
4,010 posts
73 reviews
5. Re: Transit time in Singapore

Perfectly fine - we do it often, en route to Oz, and if the inbound flight is delayed, they will often hold the outbound for a while.

ALWAYS book direct - so much better and easier if you need to make changes, make enquiries etc etc and space of mind.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
1 review
6. Re: Transit time in Singapore

The ground staff at SIN are really good.

Any connection problems and you will probably be greeted as you walk off the plane, with details of your revised itinerary.

Metro Manila...
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
20,190 posts
254 reviews
7. Re: Transit time in Singapore

I will reiterate my answer in that other thread:

Have some clothes in your carry-on just in case there will be a delay you can definitely run but your luggage can't. If there's a delay you will be whisked by an electric buggy to your connecting flight gate so be mindful of airport staff that might be looking for connecting flight passengers when you exit the jetbridge.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
61,222 posts
171 reviews
8. Re: Transit time in Singapore

That is more than enough time. I believe the minimum connection time SQ-SQ at SIN is around 50 minute give-or-take. Last year, I had a 55 minute transit window. My incoming plane arrived 20 minutes. We had to run to the connecting gate in a different terminal but still made it in time. With the amount of time you have, you should have no problem at all unless there is a significant delay.

In fact, if you have enough time, grab the transit vouchers both ways. You get S$20 per passenger. You can use it to buy meals, shop, or go to the lounge. You can also save your outbound vouchers for inbound use when you have more time. They even offered free bottled water when I went.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
9. Re: Transit time in Singapore

No problems at all with those transit times , Singapore is a super efficient airport :)

Do book direct with the airline

Do sign up for Singapore Airlines Frequent flyer program ( Krisflyer ) - free to join so you can earn miles from those flights

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
61,222 posts
171 reviews
10. Re: Transit time in Singapore

I would only join Krisflyer if you intend to fly SQ often. Otherwise, consider other Star Alliance programs as well.

Reply to: Transit time in Singapore
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted