We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AVOID: Cheapoair.com aka OneTravel.com

CA
7 posts
AVOID: Cheapoair.com aka OneTravel.com

Use this travel site at your own risk. I booked a flight on onetravel.com, received my confirmation email, and my credit card was charged. On the day of my flight, I went to check in and the airline did not have my reservation. After mass chaos at the airport, I had to get out of the long check-in line and rush to the ticket counter "re-purchase" tickets for my family. Fortunately, I got to the airport 3 hours early or we would've missed our flight. Unfortunately, I was forced to pay the current prices.

After returning from my vacation, I contacted Cheapoair/OneTravel. Spoke with the first rep who said a manager would return my call within 24hrs. After 48hrs, I called back and had to re-explain the entire situation again. After being transferred from the initial rep to a manager and waiting on hold for various issues, ONE HOUR had passed before they would agree to issue me a credit.

A credit was to be expected, but they made it sound as if they were doing me a favor. It would've been easier to dispute this through my credit card company, but I was curious if they would take care of the issue they caused (e.g. cover the fare difference). No luck there.

Use this company at your own risk, however, make sure to call the airline to confirm your tickets. I've never had to do this with any travel site, but this was an expensive lesson learned. I will never use them again.

5 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
23,034 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: AVOID: Cheapoair.com aka OneTravel.com

I will never use them again. - Your experience is why most regulars on here say to book direct with the airline

Wiltshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
11,965 posts
449 reviews
2. Re: AVOID: Cheapoair.com aka OneTravel.com

Oh if only you had access to a public forum where there were many, many warnings about Cheapoair and been able to do some research, then you could have checked them out before laying out cash.

Edited: 20 January 2018, 08:51
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,316 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: AVOID: Cheapoair.com aka OneTravel.com

No need to call the airline to confirm tickets, just log onto their site and see your booking ( or not).

Also google any third party you intend using before buying from them or search on here or better yet book directly with the airline.

CA
7 posts
4. Re: AVOID: Cheapoair.com aka OneTravel.com

Yea, I definitely should've done my research on them before booking, however, I've never had any issues with other travel sties before so it never crossed my mind.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
18,053 posts
106 reviews
5. Re: AVOID: Cheapoair.com aka OneTravel.com

I can trace complaints about Cheapoair in this forum dating back to 2007, so what’s new?

At the risk of sounding like Captain Obvious, why ITNOG does anyone trust their travel plans and their money to Cheapoair?

Because they are mesmerised by the prospect of the “ Cheap Air Fare Fairy” as promoted by Cheapoair, that’s why, and then they find out that they haven’t had the Fairy Dust sprinkled over them but have been shafted with a less than magic wand....

I’m still amazed that folks who have done zero research on a company they are happy to pay money to, and who have been p1ssed about by said company, expect others to pay any mind to their warnings on TA.

Reply to: AVOID: Cheapoair.com aka OneTravel.com
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted