We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Run away from JustFly - CHEATERS !!!

Cupertino...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Run away from JustFly - CHEATERS !!!

I was looking forward to our family trip to Hawaii for quite some time. We looked for tickets and JustFly came up the cheapest among all other online sites that I have booked with for many many years. I should have known. I flew from Bay area to Maui, which was transit to Big Island. As soon as I reached Maui, I went to the next airline to check seating. To my shock, they said they have no reservation in my name.

I got on the phone with JustFly and believe it or not - I was on the call for 6 1/2 hours straight, stuck at the airport. I spoke to about 12 people including agents, supervisors, help desk, accounting, all of them putting me on hold for "3 to 5 minutes" and I had to explain the same story over and over and over again. For all I know, they could be one family sitting around on a couch having fun. It sounded like they knew they goofed up or cheated me, but no one wanted to agree. By that time, my flight was gone and all flights to Big Island were booked for that day. Finally they said Alaska airlines which was my first leg, had messed up, and asked me to take care of the booking, they will figure it out later and refund me after my trip. I had to stay at Maui for the night, rent a car, book my own flights next day - more. All my reservations in Big Island were messed up - could not cancel any of them.

After my trip, I spent another 11 hours on the phone with them(over a few days), finally spoke to Alaska Airlines. Alaska said, they have nothing to do with anything after my first segment and they don't even know whether I had a next segment or not. STUCK !!! CHEATED !!! LEARNED LESSON !!!

Anyone who has had no incidents with JustFly, you are just one slip-up away from losing 1000s of dollars. AVOID !!! Pay the extra 100 dollars and book with a legitimate company who won't put you on hold for "3 to 5 minutes" which translates to hours and hours on the phone, hungry and angry. I do not wish this even for my worst enemy....

46 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
94,723 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Run away from JustFly - CHEATERS !!!

There are already many hundreds of posts warning about JustFly. I fear that one more will make no difference.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
25,123 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Run away from JustFly - CHEATERS !!!

I never understand why people don’t do some checking on them before they book. A quick Google search on them would reveal thousands of complaints and warnings. Is it just because they were supposedly a bit cheaper everybody just immediately clicks to book without thinking or researching?

rishin275,

It’s too late now as you have already used them, but if you are curious just how many thousands of existing complaints there were about them, just type JustFly into the “Search all forums for” search box in this forums homepage link below-

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ForumHome

Please consider using Tripadvisor forums to research travel bookers in future. Then you can avoid the unreliable ones and learn a lot from other TripAdvisor members to protect yourself and your money.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,731 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Run away from JustFly - CHEATERS !!!

Maybe check reservations directly with the airline before you travel next time?

Or, book directly with the airline. Doesn’t avoid all problems, but they are easier to deal with.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
196 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Run away from JustFly - CHEATERS !!!

Indeed, as advised before - always research before giving away your money.

And if your unsure, always book direct with the airline - well, you should always book direct regardless

Cupertino...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Run away from JustFly - CHEATERS !!!

Yup, lesson learned. I am not a big tripadvisor user, except to check for hotel reviews. So did not know about it, but as someone who books hotels online a lot, I should have done some research when I saw a new site pop-up.

Agree - one more is not going to make a difference, but I found an avenue to vent out. And hopefully hundred more would help or a thousand more.

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,826 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Run away from JustFly - CHEATERS !!!

And IF you book with a 3rd party, monitor your booking on the airline site!!

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
292 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Run away from JustFly - CHEATERS !!!

100,000 more posts like this won't make the slightest difference. It is nice to vent though.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
25,123 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Run away from JustFly - CHEATERS !!!

I wish the Tripadvisor forums could be used for research rather than venting.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
196 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Run away from JustFly - CHEATERS !!!

Wouldn't that be nice...

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
94,723 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Run away from JustFly - CHEATERS !!!

Well, we can't know how many people come to Trip Advisor, maybe with a Google link, see the threads about JustFly, and decide to buy elsewhere. Maybe from Cheapoair.

Reply to: Run away from JustFly - CHEATERS !!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;