We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Egyptair cancellation question

Tel Aviv, Israel
12 posts
Egyptair cancellation question

I'm in a quite complicated situation. First, I went to Tel Aviv from Toronto via Cairo with Egyptair, which was a month ago. And I am supposed to go back to Toronto from Tel Aviv via Cairo with Egyptair on April 1st, 2018. Having completed the first half of my booking, am I still allowed to cancel the second half?

*Flight between Toronto and Cairo is with Egyptair and flight between Cairo and Tel Aviv is with Air Sinai, which is under Egyptair.

22 replies to this topic
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
26,005 posts
78 reviews
1. Re: Egyptair cancellation question

if it is on one ticket your checked in luggage will go on to tel aviv. you can of course stop off at cairo and not continue, but i presume that you have the documents that allow you to stay in egypt? (i do not know the requirements). you could also ask the airline in toronto to only check luggage to cairo. they may or they may not. why not ask egyptair?

Tel Aviv, Israel
12 posts
2. Re: Egyptair cancellation question

I am currently staying in Tel aviv and trying to cancel my flight back to Canada. For reference I'm holding Canadian passport. How could I contact Egyptair?

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
9,402 posts
52 reviews
3. Re: Egyptair cancellation question

I have a totally different understanding of your question than poster #1. I understand you're in TA now and are asking about not using the return portion of your ticket, i.e. the portion Tel Aviv - Cairo - Toronto? If that is the case, yes you can cancel or be a no show.

Edited: 13 December 2017, 08:07
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
9,402 posts
52 reviews
4. Re: Egyptair cancellation question

If you have a refundable ticket than you would need to contact Egyptair of course or the intermediary if purchased from a travel agency or 3rd party website. If non refundable you can just be a no show. Not sure where the complicated bit lies in your situation.

egyptair.com/en/contact-us/Pages/default.aspx

Tel Aviv, Israel
12 posts
5. Re: Egyptair cancellation question

Lennybruce - Yes, that's the case. Then I'll contact Flighthub as that is the agency I purchased the ticket through. Thank you for your help.

Edited: 13 December 2017, 08:20
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
9,402 posts
52 reviews
6. Re: Egyptair cancellation question

As mentioned, if u have a non refundable fare then you can save yourself all the trouble and just be a no-show.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
9,402 posts
52 reviews
7. Re: Egyptair cancellation question

Or just go here https://www.flighthub.com/service/support click on 'cancel flights', go into your booking and cancel.

Tel Aviv, Israel
12 posts
8. Re: Egyptair cancellation question

Flighthub says that my cancellation request is denied due to airline restriction. Could this be the sign that it is non-refundable?

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
41,359 posts
62 reviews
9. Re: Egyptair cancellation question

Do the fare rules of your ticket say its refundable? It would have been an expensive ticket if it is.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
9,402 posts
52 reviews
10. Re: Egyptair cancellation question

Exactly! If you want to be sure just look at the original emails from Flighthub where somewhere the terms and conditions of your fare will be stated, or should be. But those fares are nearly always non refundable, except sometimes certain taxes incorporated into the fare. But that will often be much more trouble than it's worth.

Reply to: Egyptair cancellation question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted