We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question/Problem - Bravofly

Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Question/Problem - Bravofly

I have booked my flight early this year, through bravofly, and have gotten all confirmations. I did not look for reviews prior, which probably was a big error. Anyways, I am now booked through them. I have gotten my confirmation email, but have just realised that they have written my name's thr wrong way around. They have used my first name as my last name, and my last name as my first name. I am pretty sure that the names need to be the same way than on the passport for me to be able to board in. The airlines probably won't let me through.

Anyways, I have contacted Bravofly, ans asked them to change the information. They came back to me saying that the airline they booked through (austrian) didnt authorise them to do so. So I contacted the airline myself to ask for any information or what to do next.

Austrian airlines told me to contact Bravofly as I booked through them and they need to make the changes. I apparently can't do anything at all.

So I contacted bravofly AGAIN, and they then told me that the airline has not authorised the changes, and that they can't do anything as long as they don't get an authorisation.

So, I contacted austrian airlines again. They clearly told me that they can't change anything as long as bravofly is not contacting them. That apparently Bravofly has actually never contacted them. They do not have any records of them calling.

So I contacted Bravofly one more time and got quite cross. The lady told me they would contact Austrian airlines again and will then contact me with the outcome.

What do I do??? I'm getting stressed and anxious. Their only solution was to 'cancel the booking' WHICH I WON'T DO!!!! I want to cry!

Will it be a problem while boarding? Does someone has any other solution?

This is just ridiculous and extreme! My flight is in 30 hrs and I'm nowhere. Please help!!!

12 replies to this topic
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
11,843 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Question/Problem - Bravofly

You’ve not got many options. If Bravofly won’t amend your ticket, then it’s nit going to be amended. So you either try using it and see if they allow you to board or you buy a new ticket.

I’m sorry but there arent any easy solutions here

South of England
Level Contributor
3,318 posts
185 reviews
2. Re: Question/Problem - Bravofly

If your names are just transposed on the e-ticket then you are just fine. Many airline reservation systems reverse the name layouts. So for example, John Smith becomes SMITH.MR/JOHN or SMITHJOHN.MR

Names just have to be spelt correctly as as per your passport. The order of display on the e-ticket is not so important.

I think if you call Austrian or even Bravofly and explain the name layout rather than seeking a name correction, it would be explained by them as above.

Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Question/Problem - Bravofly

Hi guys, thank you for your answers!

I just don't understand how this can be so hard! I mean it's really the easiest change ever...

'Names just have to be spelt correctly as as per your passport. The order of display on the e-ticket is not so important.'

I really do hope you're right...

I'm actually traveling through 3 airlines - Austrian, Cathay and Swiss.

I called Austrian airlines and they said it would be fine and it shouldn't be an issue. I then called Cathay and the lady on the phone told me they won't let me board. That's when my war of calls started between Bravofly and Austrian airlines!

This is so frustrating :(

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
10,899 posts
26 reviews
4. Re: Question/Problem - Bravofly

<<Their only solution was to 'cancel the booking' >>

Another great example how shonky this outfit is.

As per above, as long as your first name and family name are spelled exactly as in your passport, you are fine. Don't worry.

The order first name / family name or family name / first name does not matter.

And Bravofly knows this as well. Shame on them. Do no more use them, please.

South of England
Level Contributor
3,318 posts
185 reviews
5. Re: Question/Problem - Bravofly

Perhaps a misunderstanding or communications issue with the call centres, but as soon as you mention ‘name change’ or a correct to a name, I think they hear that as changing the spelling or changing the passenger and so fees are quoted. You don’t want a change! Just ideally clarification on how your name has been displayed.

Sounds like your name is spelt correctly just displayed in the reverse order on your ticket. I think you will be fine.

Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: Question/Problem - Bravofly

Thank you guys, I really do appreciate all the quick answers I get. I stressed out all afternoon and still can't relax. This is a nightmare. I know it sounds stupid, but this is such an important trip to me. I will see most of my family for the first time after 5 years and I've been so excited for it.

On the phone I never actually asked to 'change my name', I always just said that my first name has been used as my last name and vice versa, and if this would be an issue.

But yes, both my names are spelled correctly, just the wrong way around.

I really hope I do get through... Flight prices are much higher now too due to it being so soon, that I don't think I can afford a new ticket. I'll just have to cross my fingers I guess.

South of England
Level Contributor
3,318 posts
185 reviews
7. Re: Question/Problem - Bravofly

I really don't think you will have a problem. Enjoy your trip and the festive holiday with your friends and family.

Come back and add to this thread once you have flown. It might be useful for others to hear back on your experience with those three airlines.

P.S. - I wouldn't personally suggest using Bravofly in the future.

Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: Question/Problem - Bravofly

I will update you guys once I see how it goes!!

Thank you again!

Joana

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,052 posts
26 reviews
9. Re: Question/Problem - Bravofly

It's not a problem. Happens all the time, for example Mr John Smith will show up on the ticket as SMITHJOHNMR. It's perfectly normal.

Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
10. Re: Question/Problem - Bravofly

Hi guys! Thought I'd update :)

I DID get through - they were not happy at the airport and I had to go through customer service, which means it took me longer but I planned for it by arriving early and it all worked out eventually! Now to see for my flight back :)

Thanks everyone for your input and support, it has been awesome!

Reply to: Question/Problem - Bravofly
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted