We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brisbane Australia flights

Dauphin, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Brisbane Australia flights

we are two seniors wanting to travel to Australia from Los Angeles, we are looking for suggestions, ideas on which airline to book with or which website to deal with i.e. expedia or other. Of course looking for the best price

11 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,961 posts
924 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brisbane Australia flights

Air New Zealand currently has sales.There are limited seats and dates so book carefully and FAST.

Edited: 25 November 2017, 05:02
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,961 posts
924 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brisbane Australia flights

airnewzealand.co.uk/black-friday-flight-deals

Singapore
Level Contributor
646 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Brisbane Australia flights

Both Qantas and Virgin Australia has non stop flights daily from LAX to Brisbane

You do not say class of travel

I think both have Premium Economy in addition to Business and regular Economy

Do check with Qantas and Virgin Australia to see any special offers they have eg for add on domestic Australian flights etc

We only ever book 'direct' with the airlines

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,216 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brisbane Australia flights

You can search with Skyscanner for prices and routing. Some deals will involve a transit through Sydney adding around 3 hours to the trip. We always use Virgin Australia, Qantas is a great airline ... both are great for direct flights. Most LA-Bris flights are overnight making jetlag easy to deal with.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,325 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Brisbane Australia flights

The easiest are definitely one of the nonstop flights......either Qantas or Virgin Australia. Both are good airlines.

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brisbane Australia flights

How are you getting to Los Angeles?

Dauphin, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brisbane Australia flights

Westjet

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brisbane Australia flights

Is this going to be separate tickets - ticket 1 from Canada to LA and ticket 2 from LA to Australia?

Please read and understand the risks involved in booking 2 separate tickets - it's one of the Top Questions about Air Travel to the top left of your screen on a computer.

Although it might seem more expensive it is much safer to book a single ticket. Of course if you are planning to spend a few days in LA to break your journey both ways then the risk of separate tickets is almost eliminated.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,531 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Brisbane Australia flights

Air Canada flies to Brisbane out of Vancouver.

Might want to look at them and fly AC all the way. Avoids a transit in the USA

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Brisbane Australia flights

Whichever airline you choose do book directly with them and not a third party. I always use Webjet purely for flight comparisons and then once I've decided I go directly to that airline. Able58 brings up a good point about transitting through another city. When you are comparing fares be sure to look at the itinerary as well. Some cheaper fares have long layovers at transit stops.

Reply to: Brisbane Australia flights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted