We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Perth Australia to Honolulu and Calgary Canada.

Perth, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Travel from Perth Australia to Honolulu and Calgary Canada.

I would like some suggestions regarding my travel plans next July. We would love to take a small vacation of 10 days in Hawaii before going to Calgary to visit our relatives. We are members of Star Alliance. As we are seniors would like to look for shortest hours of flying. We do have some velocity points that can be utilised or could be transferred to Singapore Airline

The return flights coud be via another city or route back to Perth Australia.

Would RTW ticket be an option?

Thanks in advance. Appreciate some help in planning.

Shezic.

10 replies to this topic
Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
17,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Perth Australia to Honolulu and Calgary Canada.

Duplicate post.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,866 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Perth Australia to Honolulu and Calgary Canada.

Maybe a duplicate but non intentional. Looks like a double click.

Do not report both posts.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
17,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Perth Australia to Honolulu and Calgary Canada.

It looks like the OP has deleted the other post, so answers should now be posted here.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,866 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Perth Australia to Honolulu and Calgary Canada.

Right let's hope this thread stays.

Star Alliance from Perth to Hawaii and then on to Calgary is really tough. The best route I can see is SQ to SiN, then ANA on SIN-HND-HNL.

From there to YYC, you could fly Air Canada Rouge to Vancouver and connect to YYC or United via SFO.

There are seasonal connections via SIN but they're on Scoot which isn't Star Alliance. If your Star allegiance is Singapore Airlines then that may be an option but you'd have to check KrisFlier earnings on Scoot. I'm not familiar with that.

Good luck.

Pewsey, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
5,928 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Perth Australia to Honolulu and Calgary Canada.

Argh. Just lost a long post.

So to put two paragraphs in a sentence. If unused to planning trips like this, start by going to go talk to a reputable travel agent in Perth face to face (don’t rely on internet agencies). This will be a trip like Perth-Sydney-Honolulu- Los Angeles- Calgary (with variations possible)

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
3,349 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Perth Australia to Honolulu and Calgary Canada.

I had a quick look, I'm wondering if the OP could stop in Hawaii in both directions, and use seperate tickets with 4 or 5 days in Hawaii in both directions.

Air Newzealand offer PER-AKL-HNL with 6hr & 8hr30 legs :: And then, an embedded return HNL-YVR-YYC with UA or Air Canada. The ANZ option is expensive compared to non star alliance flights, so it may prove better value to forego the star alliance on the trip to Hawaii and use the miles on the HNL-YYC leg.

I use https://www.google.co.uk/flights/ or http://matrix.itasoftware.com/ to search, but only to find the options, when you find the flights you like go to the airlines site with the info

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
17,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from Perth Australia to Honolulu and Calgary Canada.

On the Star Alliance website, you are able to look at point to point 'Flight Search' options, but not multi-city options. I think your best option might be via SYD, and return via Air Canada YVR/SYD direct. It also depends when you are planning to travel as there are some options that are only seasonal.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
22,635 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel from Perth Australia to Honolulu and Calgary Canada.

And if you consult a travel agent, use a proper agency, not something like Flight Centre, who are not.

2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel from Perth Australia to Honolulu and Calgary Canada.

You are right that Perth to Honolulu travel time is too much. I'll suggest you that you should check your flight on https://www.google.com/flights or https:/…united-airlines-flights from here you can get short travel time flights and also find the best deals on flights so that the ticket cost can be decrease.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
17,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel from Perth Australia to Honolulu and Calgary Canada.

+1 to the above.

Reply to: Travel from Perth Australia to Honolulu and Calgary Canada.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted