We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Korean Air - Complimentary Hotel

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
253 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Korean Air - Complimentary Hotel

I'm looking at doing SYD > LHR in March and the only option is a 19hr layover. I've previously done this layover in Seoul and don't mind it as I was given a complimentary hotel.

At that time, I booked economy with Flight Center. I headed into a FC today out of curiosity and options and the agent found the same flight as I did online but hers was $1 more expensive + $30 booking fee. I don't have the patience to add a 3rd man in the middle.

Has anyone done this route with business class/prestige class by booking themselves? How do I go about the hotel, do I call Korean Air after and confirm or... arrive at their transfer desk in Seoul?

Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,284 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Korean Air - Complimentary Hotel

Assuming Korean still offers the free hotel (they have never advertised it) you would call the airline and make the arrangements directly with them.

You could also look on Flyertalk to see if there's a topic on this.

flyertalk.com/forum/korean-air-skypass-621/

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
253 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Korean Air - Complimentary Hotel

I might pop on there. I believe it's not something they advertise but the Flight Center agent did confirm it yesterday.

I did some looking around but I couldn't confirm if any of the posters/commenters were direct buyers or bought via 3rd party.

Incheon airport is wonderful and 19hrs would pass quickly there but IF i could get a room at the Hyatt again what bliss that'd be.

Reply to: Korean Air - Complimentary Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted