We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Missing one letter in e ticket (typo)

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Missing one letter in e ticket (typo)

I have used a third party website called tripsta via skyscanner for a trip that is 3 weeks away.

I noticed a missing letter in my second passengers name so I emailed tripsta to notify them of this then I contacted the airline directly who said that was absolutely fine and that I would need to send a passport scan to them who will then forward it to the the relevant department. I did so, recieved an email to say that a remark will be added and its fine.

So my question is will tripsta be funny about this as they issued out the e ticket? I called them up and said that its all sorted not to worry, but they said they would have to verify this with the airline.

A lot of bad reviews from tripsta surely they cant be awkward? Seeing as the airline have emailed me to say its ok?

5 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Missing one letter in e ticket (typo)

"So my question is will tripsta be funny about this as they issued out the e ticket?"

Tripsta won't care, they've got your money and barring any changes to your booking you will have no further contact with them. If you have a problem it will be with the airline.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,542 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Missing one letter in e ticket (typo)

My golden rule is that the first/last names on the ticket must exactly match that on the passport - anything else and you risk being denied boarding although whether the airline will worry about a 1 letter typo is debatable.

Despite the remark in the airlines system it comes down to the staff you deal with on the day - at this stage tripsta shouldn't be an issue.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Missing one letter in e ticket (typo)

I have email proof of the airlines saying

"Please be advised that this will be fine we will add a remark on your booking for other staff to know"

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Missing one letter in e ticket (typo)

Tripsta have said that they will verify if that this is ok (not sure why when I have already told them that the airlines said its fine)

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,832 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Missing one letter in e ticket (typo)

>>So my question is will tripsta be funny about this as they issued out the e-ticket? <<<

sorry but why ask a bunch of strangers about some shonky 3rd party company? There are a lot of bad reviews about this and other 3rd party companies. In future please book directly with the airline

Reply to: Missing one letter in e ticket (typo)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted