We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA transit flight

Ile-de-France...
9 posts
Save Topic
BA transit flight

Ba867 to CX 238

Transit time 2h 5mins

Hungary transit London Heathrow airport to hkg

Do you think I have enough transit time?! Will BA check through luggage from Hungary to HK?! And will ba issue onboard boarding pass?! What's the minimum transit time?! Is it the same terminal?!

14 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,542 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BA transit flight

Are these flights on the same or separate tickets as that will affect the process on arrival in LHR.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BA transit flight

Assuming you are on a single ticket and your first flight is on time: Yes, yes, yes, 1 hour, yes.

Ile-de-France...
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: BA transit flight

thank you for your reply! i found the flight throught APPS'' skyscanner'' i will it through the same website same time... so under this siutation, is single or separate ticket?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BA transit flight

Probably a single ticket but it depends on the agency you book from (you cannot book from Skyscanner directly, they are price comparison engine only). My advice would be to book your ticket directly from BA or at least make sure you go through a reputable agent such as Expedia, Ebookers or AmEx Travel.

Ile-de-France...
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: BA transit flight

Thank you for your reply!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BA transit flight

"My advice would be to book your ticket directly from BA or at least make sure you go through a reputable agent such as Expedia, Ebookers or AmEx Travel."

========

Excellent advice from Lex. Just to add this could/should also be bookable through Cathay Pacific as they're the most significant carrier (the airline flying the long haul sector).

Ile-de-France...
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: BA transit flight

thank you for your reply, i checked cx website, same routing same flight but much more expensive...

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BA transit flight

Could be a case of out-of-date prices on some sites. Also, if you're looking for a one-way flight, note that some 3rd party sites will sell you a return ticket masquarading as a one-way ticket (since the former may be cheaper). If so, you may as well just book a return flight yourself from the airline. What's your itinerary?

Ile-de-France...
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: BA transit flight

i didn*t book yet;cause i wanna make sure there is enough transit time and the baggage cqn check through to final destination; but i am planning to book Ba867 to CX 238 on 5/10 from hungary to london and london to hk;

if they can*t help me check thorugh and give me onward boarding pass; do u think 2hrs 35 mins is enough to get the onward boarding pass n get back the luggage n check in again

is it the same terminal

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BA transit flight

If you book it on one ticket your bag will be checked through.

Reply to: BA transit flight
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted