We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Norwegian Transatlantic seat reservation

1 post
Save Topic
Norwegian Transatlantic seat reservation

Hi there

I'm wondering if anyone knows whether it's necessary to reserve seats to sit together on a Norwegian transatlantic flight? Seems a bit steep to pay 120 euro for 2 people to sit together over and back from shannon, ireland to providence. I know it's always a gamble but does the automatic non paid for seating generally put people together, or is it like Ryanair's new model?

7 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,837 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Norwegian Transatlantic seat reservation

I've not seen complaints from people having been split up on Norwegian flights so I would guess that they try to seat people on the same booking together if possible.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,913 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Norwegian Transatlantic seat reservation

It all depends on how many have booked this flight and how many of them opted to pay in advance for seat selection - if sitting together is important to you then the only guaranteed way to do that is pay the fee

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
62,375 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Norwegian Transatlantic seat reservation

You know it's a gamble, so presumably you realise that you could lose as well as win. As for the odds of each happening on your flight, I doubt that what happened to others will be a reliable guide. As Tam said, there ar etoo many factors involved.

Still, as Norwegian don't seem to deliberately split people up, I'd say that your chances will be more than 50/50, but know one can know wha is going to happen on the day.

Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
12,337 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Norwegian Transatlantic seat reservation

Keep an eye on the seat map through the app. If it looks like there are few seats together then you can reserve.

I am flying next week with them and haven't bothered. If we end up apart for 6 hours we still have the rest of our trip to be together night and day! I prefer a window and he prefers an aisle too, so we often sit apart.

If you really cannot sit apart, then you pay. The savings with Norwegian are in avoiding the paid extras like luggage, food and seats.

Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,931 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Norwegian Transatlantic seat reservation

€30 per person per flight, not that steep to me.

Don't forget, Norwegian is the Ryanair of TATL.

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Norwegian Transatlantic seat reservation

Can you ask for a seat assignment 1 month before your flight

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
37,872 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Norwegian Transatlantic seat reservation

Caution necropost!

Please go to the airlines website. All the information is on there.

Reply to: Norwegian Transatlantic seat reservation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted