We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Dreamliner question for Angie

Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
289 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson Dreamliner question for Angie

Hiya

I've said it's a question for Angie but not sure if anyone else can help?

In economy class, are drinks still free? Flying Gatwick to Mauritius.

On the website i can see it says wine served free with your meal but no mention of other drinks.

Reason for asking is if we don't get any free then I'll pre order champagne (we'll be celebrating various things whilst we're away).

Thanks in advance

14 replies to this topic
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,294 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson Dreamliner question for Angie

They are complimentary, not free, because the cost has already been written into the cost of the ticket. Still included as per their website.

thomson.co.uk/flight/flying-with-us/long-haul

Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
289 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson Dreamliner question for Angie

Thank you. Although I still can't see where it actually says that alcoholic drinks are complementary, just says complimentary food and drink? And mentions that wine with dinner is complimentary.

Sorry if I'm missing it.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
40,110 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson Dreamliner question for Angie

Yes you still get complimentary drinks in economy, the usual 2 trolly runs and served with your main meal service and snack service plus you can go to the galley during your flight and ask the cabin crew for drinks if availableas as the drinks are limited due to being needed for Inbound flight as they are not replenished at the overseas destination.

Angie.

Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
289 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson Dreamliner question for Angie

Thank you Angie. Really appreciate it!

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
40,110 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson Dreamliner question for Angie

No problem, you're welcome.

Angie.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,850 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson Dreamliner question for Angie

Angie or Leyland. Is champagne included in the drinks offered for no extra charge which I think is what the Op wants

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
853 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson Dreamliner question for Angie

I am not sure that's what the OP was asking, pre- ordering champagne is an extra cost. Otherwise it would cost airlines a fortune :).

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
40,110 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomson Dreamliner question for Angie

Belo,

No champagne is not included in the complimentary drinks but you can pre order champagne for £27 750ml so they have it available on your flight as they only carry a certain amount of bottles on-board, that is what the OP was taking about doing if Thomson had stopped inflight complimentary drinks.

Angie.

Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
289 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomson Dreamliner question for Angie

That's exactly what I was planning Angie. With TC we usually fly premium so don't bother with champagne.

With Thomson we've found the premium to be quite expensive so never bothered however as it's a special occasion this time we were going to pay the extra but I t was full in premium. We wanted to be sure that drinks were still included in our flight in economy or we would have pre ordered and paid for champagne. No sense in ordering when you get drinks included.

Any idea of prosecco is included in the menu? No option to pre order that so it made me wonder?

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
40,110 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomson Dreamliner question for Angie

Unfortunately prosecco is not included in the complimentary drinks menu either but you can purchase prosecco on-board for 200ml £6.00 or 750ml £18.00.

Angie.

Reply to: Thomson Dreamliner question for Angie
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted