We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson cabin bag allowance

Tetbury, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson cabin bag allowance

I am flying to Kos on Tuesday with Thomson taking only 1 cabin Bag, Can I also take a handbag or is it strictly 1 bag only?

9 replies to this topic
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,863 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson cabin bag allowance

As per their website, "you can carry 1 piece of hand luggage of up to 5kg for free. The maximum dimensions of your hand luggage can be 55x40x20cm and you must be able to lift your hand luggage into the overhead storage compartments yourself. Things like laptops, handbags and items bought at the airport must fit within your 1 piece of hand luggage."

thomson.co.uk/destinations/…luggage-allowance

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,731 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson cabin bag allowance

It's one cabin bag. You'll have to put the handbag into your cabin bag.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,749 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson cabin bag allowance

Just make sure your handbag fits into your cabin luggage if you want a little bag for on board. If I'm travelling for the weekend and I'm not on BA, I usually take a small bag with passport, phone, headphones, kindle which I pull out of the front pocket of my cabin suitcase once I'm on board and put in the seat pocket in front of me.

South of England
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson cabin bag allowance

As LeylandSunaddict points out, the hand luggage allowance with Thomson is only 5kg. Are you sure that weigh limit will be enough for your holiday if you are not checking a bag?

Tetbury, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson cabin bag allowance

Yeah that's what I thought - always seems crazy to me because as soon as I'm on the plane I take my handbag out and put it under the seat!!

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,367 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson cabin bag allowance

< always seems crazy to me because as soon as I'm on the plane I take my handbag out and put it under the seat!! >

Because they are interested in total volume and weight

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
59,919 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson cabin bag allowance

That's the answer. Clearly if you're allowed to take a second bag with you that would have consequences for both the total volume and weight.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
9,001 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomson cabin bag allowance

Regardless of how many pieces an airline says I can take, I only take one.

My small bumbag goes into my cabin baggage (it's a rucksack so easy to access).

My reasoning is the less items I have the easier it is to keep an eye on and not leave anything behind.

We've been sat at departure gates, among the last to board and can't believe the number of items that are strewn around - duty free bags, items of clothing, small bags etc as people make a dash to board.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
59,919 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomson cabin bag allowance

I do like your reasoning, Prettypollycat. I find one carry on bag much easier to manage anyway, because I like to travel light.

Reply to: Thomson cabin bag allowance
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted