We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More trouble with British Airways online booking?

More trouble with British Airways online booking?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2017, 08:00

7 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
20,255 posts
326 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More trouble with British Airways online booking?

Did you book direct on the BA website? HBO (hand baggage only) fares are clearly displayed at time of booking, hardly a rip off.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,288 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More trouble with British Airways online booking?

They didn't sell you a ticket with zero baggage allowance. You chose to buy a ticket with zero baggage allowance. No rip off. You just need to take more care when buying things.

UK
Level Contributor
874 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More trouble with British Airways online booking?

There is a table on BA.com after you select the flights with the heading "Is this the right fare for you?" where it describes the features of each economy fare - I guess you missed that.

To your actual question, this does happen sometimes, not very often IME. It can celar by itself so try again later but you may need to just see someone at the airport. As it looks like you have a HBO fare your seat will be selected for you.

Edited: 18 August 2017, 06:09
Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,785 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: More trouble with British Airways online booking?

Who purchased your ticket?

That's the person who is at fault with your baggage problem. You should probably be feeling grateful that you have a ticket to the right place on the right day because they weren't paying attention to what they were buying.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,897 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: More trouble with British Airways online booking?

I once booked a hotel room that didn't include breakfast. Then when I went to eat breakfast they insisted I pay extra. What a rip-off...

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
54,874 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: More trouble with British Airways online booking?

Lex, I hope you immediately went to TA, Twitter and Facebook to complain about this horrendous scam.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,288 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: More trouble with British Airways online booking?

I see the OP has left the building - permanently.

Reply to: More trouble with British Airways online booking?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted