We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight delay compensation

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Flight delay compensation

Anyone who has received flight delay compensation,how long did it take for a decision to be make as to if you would be rewarded the compensation and how long did it take to be paid them comp? Thanks in advance

18 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
20,250 posts
326 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight delay compensation

It depends on the airline. Some pay up quick, some don't.

Lancz
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight delay compensation

Varies between airlines..Thomson are notoriously slow as are Thomas Cook. ( months +++)Easy Jet and Ryanair are fairly quick. Monarch procrastinates and drags it out.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,885 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight delay compensation

I've claimed compensation from SAS and BA in the past. Longest I had to wait was about 6 weeks. Quickest was 1 day. My wife waited two months to hear back from BA about a claim. In every case, once the airline agreed compensation was due they paid out in a manner of days.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
3,230 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight delay compensation

my Jet2 claim took 4 years!

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,288 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight delay compensation

Friends have claimed from Monarch. It was a short, efficient process and they emailed them regularly letting them know where their claim was up to. Thomas Cook on the other hand.............but firm, polite insistence pays off ;)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight delay compensation

had to make a claim from Easyjet last year took about 6 weeks, did it all on line through their website.

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
8,212 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight delay compensation

Money for a claim from KLM was in my account within about 10 days after my online claim submittal.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
151 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight delay compensation

Post #4

4 years??? Holy macaroni. How come it took so long??

Edit due to incorrect post number

Edited: 17 August 2017, 14:28
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,971 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight delay compensation

For my last eligible delayed flight the decision was made by the airline before we got off the (canceled flight) aircraft and were bussed to a hotel. We were eligible and United handed out the claim instruction forms in the baggage area at Heathrow. And when I checked in again next morning the staff asked if I had been given the claim instructions and offered them again.

I don't know how long it took to receive the compo because I didn't claim.

(and it was a personal flight paid by me, not a company paid business flight)

Edited: 17 August 2017, 14:41
Koronadal...
Level Contributor
690 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flight delay compensation

a month ago, our flight from vancouver to new york with cathay pacific was delayed for about three hours due to late arrival of aircraft. so we were given a 20 canadian dollars worth of food voucher which we could use at yvr's food court. unfortunately since it was nearly midnight, only wendy's and starbucks were available.

Reply to: Flight delay compensation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted