We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelgenio - nightmare with customer service

2 posts
Travelgenio - nightmare with customer service

I just want to warn everyone regarding Travelgenio and their 'outstanding' customer service.

We are planning our vacation to Europe this summer, and when we booked the tickets we accidentally used my married name instead of maiden name (my passport still has maiden name, and we don't have enough time to change the passport).

We called immediately Travelgenio and asked what we can do (and it was more than 2.5 before flight) and we were told that we should wait for the email with instructions for name change. We called again in two weeks and received response that since our flight is long time away, 'we are not their priority'.

We called third time today (month later) and received response that 'we need to be patient and wait for the email'.

Don't get me wrong - we want to be patient, but we also paid lots of $ and we don't want to go to airport and not be able get on the plane. First time we called, customer service representative was very polite and nice, but last two calls we were kept getting disconnected and received pretty rude attitude.

Overall, think twice before working with these guys. Their customer service so far is not satisfying and they are not good at communicating with their customers.

Travelgenio, if you read this, we agree to take down this review if you will to work with us.

Thank you for your time.

36 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
22,880 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: Travelgenio - nightmare with customer service

You booked via a 3rd party and compounded that error by entering the wrong name and have now discovered that post sales service with 3rd parties is often poor - they need to cut costs somewhere and having got your money they have no reason to invest in post sales customer service.

A number of lessons to learn for the future.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
16,064 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: Travelgenio - nightmare with customer service

Yet another case where you probably could have saved yourself a lot of hassle by booking direct from the airline. I doubt you will be able to change the name on the ticket. If I were you in your shoes I'd bring something along (like a marriage certificate) that shows you changed your name. Chances are you'll be allowed to fly.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
20,897 posts
112 reviews
3. Re: Travelgenio - nightmare with customer service

" we don't have enough time to change the passport)."

That must be a slow process indeed based on the amount of time you have had so far.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11,993 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: Travelgenio - nightmare with customer service

Travelgenio, if you read this, we agree to take down this review if you will to work with us.

-----------

Seriously? That's your strategy?

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
3,015 posts
32 reviews
5. Re: Travelgenio - nightmare with customer service

What type of passport do you have that takes so long to replace? You've already wasted 6 weeks trying to contact Travelgenio - surely you would have had your new passport by now?

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
3,760 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: Travelgenio - nightmare with customer service

I don't know where you live, but advise you change your passport.

Level Contributor
6,132 posts
21 reviews
7. Re: Travelgenio - nightmare with customer service

"Travelgenio, if you read this, we agree to take down this review if you will to work with us"

Ha ha ha ha

Yeah cause blackmail works everytime.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
11 reviews
8. Re: Travelgenio - nightmare with customer service

>>Travelgenio, if you read this, we agree to take down this review if you will to work with us.<<

Attempting to blackmail the third-party booker because the OP was too foolish to double-check which name they were booking under.

Oy, vey.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
2,388 posts
9. Re: Travelgenio - nightmare with customer service

Hi Lana K, of course we can help you with your booking. Please send us a mail to customer.service@travelgenio.com with all your booking info and we will answer you asap. Regards

1 post
10. Re: Travelgenio - nightmare with customer service

OMG .. i just bought ticket via Travelgenio.. how to cancel , couse i have not recieved the ticket electronic yet

Reply to: Travelgenio - nightmare with customer service
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted