We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park Direct at Gatwick

Boughton-under-Blean...
1 post
Save Topic
Park Direct at Gatwick

What experience has anyone had of this company's service, please?

Ann

11 replies to this topic
South of England
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park Direct at Gatwick

There is a thread here

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i…

Look at #190 which was added just yesterday.

I would personally suggest a car parking operator recommended by the airport. Buy cheap - get cheap - and possibly your expensive car not cared for.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park Direct at Gatwick

Parking Direct Are So So Slow !

We rang as directed when all bags were collected, walked out and waited where told too.

We waited for almost an hour

That is not what i want from meet and greet parking.

It is far quicker and more reliable to use long term parking and catch the bus.

Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
188 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park Direct at Gatwick

Gatwick offiacl meet and greet are excellent. I've used them three times and never had a problem yet.

splashman
Level Contributor
1 post
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park Direct at Gatwick

Currently taking them to court for repayment of repairs to my car after being in their care.

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Park Direct at Gatwick

Just used Park Direct Gatwick to leave my nearly new car for a week. Was nervous! However, the service was first class. Driver waiting for me on arrival at 4.30am and we did not have to wait long for return afterwards. Very few miles clocked up and car returned in same condition we left it. Excellent!

Southampton
Level Contributor
4 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Park Direct at Gatwick

Returned from holiday after a night flight, had to wait over 40 mins for my car to arrive, when it did it had a wrecked alloy wheel and a flat tyre. Driver admitted driving too fast up the ramp and hitting the kerb. They suggested I drove home with my 4 year old in the car and the spare on! I obviously refused, finally after me having to tell them what they needed to do they put the spare on, drove to nearest ATS and replaced the tyre, then brought car back to me. They don't seem to have a process in place for how to deal with these situations, I had to tell them what to do! Now I have to begin the fight to get the money back for a new alloy as its totally wrecked. Believe me, I will hound them and put reviews on every website I can find if they do not reimburse me!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Park Direct at Gatwick

I too have had an appalling experience with Gatwick Parking Direct mid - end August 17. Their duty of care to your car is ZERO! My car looked as if it had been raced at speed over uneven ground with mud embedded in the front bumper and underneath going all the way over the roof - unbelievable!! Oh and don't expect a response to any emails. DO NOT USE THESE MUPPETS!!!

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
37,348 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Park Direct at Gatwick

I agree with post 3, we always use the official valet parking and never had a problem. If you book well in advance, the prices are very reasonable.

Dorset
Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Park Direct at Gatwick

I have just returned from a holiday and I must say that Park Direct at Gatwick was pretty poor. There was simply no "meet and greet" at all. We had to wait for at least 25 minutes for a driver to collect our car at the start of the holiday. On our return this morning, we had a similar expereience, it took two telephone calls and a further 25 minutes before the car was returned to me. I certainly will not be using Park Direct at Gatwick again.

southern england
Level Contributor
291 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Park Direct at Gatwick

why not just use the long stay carpark and free bus pick up , it's so easy , just remember where you parked your car!

Reply to: Park Direct at Gatwick
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted