We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wrong nationality when ordered China Southern Airlines

1 post
Save Topic
Wrong nationality when ordered China Southern Airlines

Need suggestion.

I bought a ticket from Jakarta, Indonesia to Columbus, USA through Guangzhou for my sister. However, I put wrong nationality on the ticket. I contacted the airlines and was suggested to contact rfd@csair.com They ask my sister's passport but according to them, the ticket name is different with the passport because I didn't put the middle name in the first name field. I put the middle name in the middle name field instead. And, the middle name column was not there until they asked the passport number, which was in the third page of the booking process.

So, the name in the ticket is First Name Last Name only. But when I got the confirmation e-mail. the middle name is mentioned under the additional information together with the passport. Now I call the call center and they told me the middle name field is not important (They suppose to erase the middle name input field if I supposed to write the middle name together with the firs name, though).

What should I do? Should I refund the ticket and buy a new one? Just as many forums said, consider CSN doesn't have any customer service. I'm asking help from my chinese friend to negotiate with them but I wouldn't expect they can change the nationality because they are to rigid to change it because middle name field in which i fill is not important at all.

3 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
145 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wrong nationality when ordered China Southern Airlines

>>CSN doesn't have any customer service.<<

This link has contact options for CSN through SKYPE, FACEBOOK or EMAIL

https:/…china-southern-airlines-los-angeles

This is the best I can do for you.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
12,389 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wrong nationality when ordered China Southern Airlines

Your main issue is changing nationality, not the name. Chinese do not have middle name, that is why middle name is not an issue for them, middle name is a foreign concept to them.

Counter agent can and will match up the names even if not in right order, this is not a problem.

When I called China Southern from US, English and service were good, issues taken cared of on the spot. I can't really understand your post, I can imagine CS may have same problem communicating with you. A change of your combative attitude may help your issue.

Vancouver, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Wrong nationality when ordered China Southern Airlines

Hello! I have the same problem. They will not allow Nationaility change because name order is incorrect. May I ask how you resolved this problem!

Thanks.

Reply to: Wrong nationality when ordered China Southern Airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted