Find the best rental car deals in Queenstown
Renting a car in Queenstown is a must if you want to fully explore in and around the city. There’s a lot of things to do and places to see in Queenstown. Renting a car gives you the flexibility to drive to a nearby city or attraction outside of Queenstown.
With TripAdvisor, you can rent all types of vehicles in Queenstown. We offer economical standard cars, sporty convertibles, family-friendly minivans, and comfortable SUVs. By leveraging the world’s largest rental car booking service and searching all major rental brands, we help you find the lowest rental car prices available. We offer comprehensive coverage of over 60,000 locations worldwide.
What you need to know when renting a car in Queenstown
- You can pick up your vehicle at any rental car location in Queenstown or at the airport.
- Make sure you compare deals across all major rental car brands - there are dozens to choose from in Queenstown.
- Major rental car providers include Hertz, National, Enterprise, Alamo and Avis, but Queenstown also offers other rental car brands.
- Reserve early to get the best-priced rental car for your trip to Queenstown.
Tips for renting a car in Queenstown
- Join a loyalty rewards programme with a car hire company so you can earn points to use towards perks. Joining is typically free-of-charge.
- Look for Queenstown car hire locations outside the airport as prices usually include a kiosk fee at the airport.
- Consider taking a taxi or rideshare from the airport to an offsite location. Taxes and fees are based on where you pick up your rental car, not where you drop off.
- Ask about discounts for AARP. AAA, military, or corporate. When flying to Queenstown, check with the airline for reward programmes that include discounts at car hire companies.